Job: Senior Librarian, Acquisitions
Go back to All Jobs
- Senior Librarian, Acquisitions
- Number position available:
- $46,833.02 - $84,332.56 Annually
- Job Category:
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Lee County Library System, a dynamic, forward-thinking organization, is seeking an enthusiastic, innovative Acquisitions Librarian to become part of the Library Processing Center. This position oversees the centralized acquisitions processes for the Lee County Library System and supervises staff in the Acquisitions department, which has responsibility for placing, receiving, and payment of library orders.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Primary responsibility for the operations of the Acquisitions Unit and the collaborative management of Lee County Library System's 4-million-dollar materials budget.
- Manages the acquisition of library resources, including ordering, invoicing and receiving, claims, and payments.
- Prepares and monitors the materials budget in collaboration with key staff.
- Provides direction to the ordering and receiving staff, setting and continuously improving acquisition workflows and processes, providing feedback, and conducting annual performance reviews.
- Maintains accurate budget records, monitors expenditures, implements EDI functions, and performs end of year acquisition funds in the Library's automation system.
- Works with County Procurement staff and other departments to manage and process invoices.
- Gathers data and prepares budget reports to support collection and budget planning.
- Collaborates with the cataloging unit to integrate acquisitions processes with cataloging workflows.
- Work positively with vendors to process orders, monitor renewals, manage staff access, resolve issues with backorders and material acquisitions, and maintain cooperative relationships.
- Promotes teamwork and cooperation through productive interactions and the sharing of information in order to work cohesively with colleagues at other branches, the Library Processing Center, and Library Administration.
- May perform other duties or projects in the Library Processing Center or the Library System as needed.
Requires a Master's Degree in Library or Information Science from a graduate library school program accredited by the American Library Association and two years of progressively responsible experience as a professional librarian in a library or a department or division of a main library.
- Possession of a valid driver's license with an acceptable driving record is required.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Strong communication skills and ability to deliver exemplary customer service is required.
- Two years of supervisory experience is required.
- Demonstrated leadership or management experience is preferred.
- Prefer familiarity with cataloging practices and standards.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team is preferred.
SUPPLEMENTAL INFORMATION 80 Hours Bi-Weekly. Work days are Monday through Friday, with some Saturdays and Sundays. Hours will vary and be determined by supervisor.
Familiarity with Polaris or one or more major integrated library system's acquisitions functions/modules/workflows preferred.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: All employees will be required to work before, during, or after an Emergency as needed. During an Emergency, employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Lee County Library System Library Processing
- Job Location:
- Southwest Florida
- 881 Gunnery Road; Suite 2
- Lehigh Acres
- Institution Name :
- Lee County Library System
- 2345 Union Street
- Fort Myers
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Brenda Skiba
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Lee County is an equal opportunity and at-will employer, Veteran's Preference may apply. Apply at http://www.leegov.com/hr/jobsearch or in person at Lee County Human Resources, 1825 Hendry Street, 3rd Floor, Fort Myers, FL 33902. You may mail your application to Human Resources at PO Box 398, Ft. Myers, FL 33902. Your application must be received in Human Resources BEFORE the posting closes. If Human Resources does not receive your application BEFORE the posting closes, we will NOT be able to consider you for the position and your application will NOT be processed.