The City is seeking a trustworthy, responsible individual who, under supervision, will perform responsible technical library work. This employee will work with independence within the framework of pre-established library policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Performs circulation desk duties such as:
· Compiles item data from cataloger and integrates information through a specialized library format (MARC);
· Makes system entries through use of bibliographic information provided through an expanded database and processes library materials for circulation or reference use;
· Types purchase requests for books and videos;
· Monitors and validates incoming acquisitions against packing slips and on-order files and credits;
· Processes returns as necessary;
· Extracts report information for departmental statistics;
· Greeting patrons;
· Checking books in and out;
· Processing new and updated patron applications;
· Reviewing system database and adjusting patron and item status records to obtain detailed information needed to identify, locate and reserve items and record fines and fees;
· Providing proper referrals for information;
· Answering telephones;
· Screening calls and takes messages as necessary;
· Extracting report information for formatting;
· Organizing and incorporating updates into filing system;
· Processing overdue reports and performing system checks for mailing overdue notices to patrons.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS –
· Composes and types routine correspondence;
· Shelves library material, repairs and mends as necessary;
· Straightens library materials and performs assigned housekeeping duties daily;
· Performs special projects and duties as designated;
· Assists the City in the preparation for and aftermath of a major emergency such as a hurricane or other storm or disaster;
· Performs other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills –
General knowledge of library procedures and practices; knowledge of business English, spelling and mathematics; basic computer literacy.
Ability to work well with others and assist the public cooperatively and courteously; ability to learn the rules, regulations, policies and procedures of a public library; ability to pay attention to detail; ability to carry out assignments with minimum instructions; ability to maintain system records; ability to read and write English; ability to remain at a city work shelter, before, during and after a hurricane or other storm or disaster, if asked.
Skill to type at least 35 CWPM.
Working Hours- Rotating shifts from 9am/11am to 6pm/8pm; including some Saturday shifts.
Physical Demands -
Work involves balanced combination of mobile and sedentary duties with sustained periods of standing and light physical effort. Requires bending and reaching, good finger/hand dexterity and hand/eye coordination, good eyesight, hearing and speech.
Salary Range – $12.73 - $18.49/hr ($26,488.27 - $38,466.92/yr); EXCELLENT benefits (Note: Benefit information is posted on city website at www.eustis.org, or call Human Resources at 352-483-5472). Applicants should expect a starting salary of $12.73/hr. Only applicants with the most job-related qualifications will be selected for interview and further consideration. Additional consideration may be given to applicants with more extensive education, training, or experience. Final candidates will be subject to skills testing, including spelling, grammar, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, customer service, and typing (minimum 35 CWPM). Final candidates will be required to pass a drug test and are offered a conditional offer of employment contingent upon satisfactory results of a thorough background check including criminal history.
CLOSING DATE: October 4, 2019
HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT
P.O. Drawer 68 (109-A E Orange Ave)
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER Eustis, FL 32727-0068
Florida Drug Free Workplace FAX – 352-483-0492
Veterans Preference Employer E-Mail – email@example.com
IMPORTANT: The City of Eustis is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in recruitment, examination, appointment, training, promotion, retention, or any other personnel action because of race, color, religion, sex, disability, marital status, age, national origin, citizenship, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. The City provides Veteran’s Preference per FS 295.07. When a preference-eligible applicant receives notice of a hiring decision and believes that he or she was not afforded employment preference in accordance with applicable Florida law and regulation, the applicant may file a written complaint requesting an investigation to the Florida Department of Veterans’ Affairs, Division of Benefits and Assistance, 9500 Bay Pines Blvd., Room 214, St. Petersburg, Florida 33708. Such complaint shall be filed within 60 calendar days from the date that the notice is received by the preference-eligible applicant pursuant to Sections 120.569 and 120.57, F.S. Applicants claiming Veteran’s Preference must complete a City of Eustis application identifying themselves as an eligible veteran and submit FDVA form VP-1, VP-2, or VP-3 along with documentation, as soon as possible (contact HR for forms). The City encourages applications from qualified individuals with disabilities and will make reasonable accommodation to the extent provided by law. If accommodation is needed for applicant testing, please inform the City, prior to the testing date.
Applications must be received or postmarked no later than 12:00 midnight on the closing date. The City may close positions that are posted with an “Open” closing date at any time, without prior notice. Applications available via email, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application. Printed applications available in person at 109-A East Orange Ave, Eustis, office hours are 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday thru Friday. For more information, please visit Human Resources at www.eustis.org or call us at 352-483-5472. Under Fla. Law, all application materials are public record and subject to public scrutiny.
Minimum Qualifications -
High School Diploma or recognized equivalent supplemented by three (3) years responsible library or comparable experience and a demonstrated ability to read and write English and perform math calculations with speed and accuracy.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Please submit an email to email@example.com to request an application.