Job: Librarian, Research & Instruction
Go back to All Jobs
- Librarian, Research & Instruction
- Number position available:
- $59,451 to $77,286 based on education and related work experience
- Job Category:
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Seminole State College of Florida is accepting applications for a full time Librarian, Research & Instruction, from candidates with a passion for librarianship within higher education. This position provides professional library services with emphasis on reference and instruction. Working in a team environment, provides leadership for library services, and direction in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of the library's information literacy instruction program. Creates instructional and training materials in print, multimedia and interactive formats. Works collaboratively with other academic support services staff across the campus to develop programs and initiatives for the college community. This position is located at our Altamonte Springs, FL campus. For more details and to apply, please visit https://www.seminolestate.edu/hr/jobs?id=103972.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Morgan Tracy at email@example.com.
Director, College Libraries
Seminole State College of Florida
100 Weldon Boulevard
Sanford, FL 32773
- Master's degree in Library/information science from an American Library Association accredited institution.
- Minimum 2 years experience in instruction or librarianship in higher education.
- Thorough working knowledge of Library services and standard procedures; some experience with reference services in academic Library.
- Experience with college libraries and information literacy instruction.
- Experience with online and automated systems, networked environments, electronic information sources, database research, and web-based instructional tools.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends in electronic resources and technology
applications in libraries.
- Demonstrated ability to work creatively and collaboratively in a rapidly changing
- Demonstrated ability to develop instructional resources for a variance of teaching and learning pedagogies.
- Skilled PC user with experience in word processing, spreadsheet, desktop publishing or graphics software, and flexibility in learning new technologies.
- Knowledge of copyright law as it applies to Library collections and services in an
- Ability to understand both oral and written instructions.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills including electronic communication and public relations skills.
- Ability to work independently, with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to work in a complex, team-based environment and with diverse user groups.
- Strong understanding of the key issues and trends in the design and delivery of library instruction in support of the academic mission of the college.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Committed to working in a multicultural environment.
- Demonstrates a professional, courteous demeanor
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Seminole State College of Florida - Altamonte Springs Campus
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- 850 South SR 434
- Altamonte Springs
- Institution Name :
- Seminole State College of Florida
- 100 Weldon Blvd.
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Morgan Tracy
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
|How to Apply
TO ATTACH ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS:
- You must first complete and submit the online application along with the resume, then;
- While signed into your application profile, click on My Job Applications under My Cover Letters and Attachments;
- Click on the + sign to attach documents such as unofficial transcripts, cover letter and/or letters of reference