Come join us! The FLA 2019 Library of the Year is recruiting! Consider bringing your talents to a vibrant, fiscally stable library system that will support your innovative ideas and help advance your professional skills. We invite you to apply.
WHY JOIN US
Hillsborough County Government provides employees with careers that are both professionally and personally rewarding. With a wide range of independent agencies to choose from, the opportunities within Hillsborough County Government are endless! You are not just an employee within the government, you are an ambassador and business partner making a huge impact within our community that helps shape our future.
WHY WE EXIST
Our mission is to provide effective quality service at a reasonable cost with courtesy, integrity and accountability in a manner that protects and enhances the quality of life of our diverse population.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university; and
- Two years of experience providing instruction in accessing and using the Library’s automated circulation system, computerized databases, library related software, e-book and digital magazine platforms, general office equipment; and
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License.
- An equivalent combination of education, (not less than a high school Diploma/GED), training and experience that would reasonably be expected to provide the job-related competencies noted above; and
- Possession of a valid Driver’s License.
Some of the library branches are designated by the US Department of State as Passport Acceptance Facilities, and incumbents in certain positions in this classification function as Passport Acceptance Agents, in addition to their regular library duties in those branches. To be selected and authorized to serve as a passport acceptance agent in such branches, the candidate/employee must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. national, and 18 years of age or older; and
Must not have a record of either: (a) A Federal or State felony conviction; or (b) A misdemeanor conviction for crimes involving moral turpitude or breach of trust, including but not limited to embezzlement, identity theft, misappropriation, document fraud, drug offenses, or dishonesty in carrying out a responsibility involving public trust.
Training and Certification: Employees selected to be passport acceptance agents will be trained to apply procedures and practices as detailed in the guidance provided by the US Department of State, and must pass the certification exam and maintain an annual re-certification.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU
We offer much more than the competitive pay you expect. We value our employees and Hillsborough County Government is committed to providing a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. And because we understand that no two people are exactly alike, you can choose what best suits the needs of you and your family.
- Health Plan: The County pays towards health insurance premiums for all employees. Employees can select from two (2) healthcare plan options. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Dental Insurance: Employees are eligible to enroll in the dental coverage and choose from four options: High DMO, Low DMO, a network Open Access Plan, and a PPO. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Vision Care: Employees and their dependents are eligible to enroll in the vision coverage. Co-payment coverage includes exams, lens and frame, as well as an allowable contact lens expense. Coverage is effective the first of the month following thirty (30) days of employment.
- Employee Assistance Program: This program provides all employees and family members with professional, confidential counseling sessions. All employees and dependents are afforded up to six (6) free visits per Plan year. Coverage begins on the first day of employment.
- Tuition Reimbursement: Employees may be reimbursed up to $1,000 (undergraduate), $2000 (graduate) per fiscal year for classes at an accredited college or university for courses that enhance your ability to perform your current job duties.
- Holidays: Employees receive up to twelve (12) paid holidays per year.
Visit our Benefits page for more exciting details.
Do you qualify for Veteran's Preference? Preference will only be entitled upon initial appointment for eligible veterans and eligible spouses of veterans. Documentation that clearly shows dates of service, campaign awards or medals received, and character of discharge (DD-214 Member-4 or Service-2 copy) to support entitlement to preference must be provided at the time of application.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Hillsborough County Government provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Hillsborough County Government complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Hillsborough County welcomes and encourages applications from minorities, veterans, and persons with physical and mental disabilities, and will reasonably accommodate the needs of those persons in the application and testing process. The decision on granting reasonable accommodation requests will be on a case-by-case basis.
Hillsborough County Government expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Hillsborough County Government’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge
Hillsborough County is a drug free workplace.
Employees are required to participate in response/recovery activities in response to an emergency or natural disaster affecting County operations and/or its citizens. In such situations, every effort will be made to maintain operations, but employees will be assigned to carry out response activities suited to their skills and capabilities