SUMMARY: Staffs circulation desk and performs basic library functions. Position is required to work a flexible schedule which includes evenings and weekends. Approximately 19-23 hrs. week. Some evenings & Saturday shift required.
• Greets incoming patrons, answers routine inquiries, provides directions, and answers telephones.
• Accepts returned materials, checking for damage, checks out items, and performs basic search and retrieval.
• Collects fines and fees.
• Issues new library cards
• Re-shelves library materials and helps maintain a clean and orderly collection.
• Helps patrons gain internet access, access e-mails, performs basic search functions, and uses general office software
• Ability to interact with people (staff, supervisors, general public and elected officials) beyond giving and receiving instructions to include tactfully mediating conflicts and achieving positive results.
High School Diploma required; knowledge of basic library function with six (6) months of work experience desired. Certificate from technical school; related experience and/or training or equivalent combination which provides the knowledge and skills necessary to perform required duties desired.
Physical address where the job position is located.
We ask all interested candidates complete a City of Destin application to be considered. Visit www.cityofdestin.com "apply for a job" for more information.
Drug Free Workplace/EEO/Veteran’s Preference