Job: Customer Service Representative III - Osprey Public Library
Go back to All Jobs
- Customer Service Representative III - Osprey Public Library
- Number position available:
- $15.40 - $19.33
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Customer Service Representative III (Working Title: Library Assistant) (30 hours per week): This position is the single employee responsible for operating the 640’ Osprey Library at Historic Spanish Point; including development and promotion of library services and resources; responding to county customers and citizens, resolving potentially challenging situations; and setting and meeting the objectives of the Library System.
- Implements standards of service that ensure the prompt and efficient resolution of each inquiry by internal and external customers, delivered with the utmost respect and courtesy.
- Keeps abreast of developments, new trends and innovations in libraries.
- Represents Sarasota County to library users.
- Assists users in locating, selecting, and using resources.
- Assists users in use of library equipment and technology.
- Provides directional and services related information to users.
- Communicates library/county policies and procedures to users.
- Engages in conflict resolution and problem solving.
- Contributes to the development of policies, procedures, and plan of service.
- Assists library users in person, by phone, or electronically, answering questions, and /or redirecting questions to the appropriate person. Is aware of library services and programs in order to better inform users.
- Participates in planning, presentation, and evaluation of library sponsored programs.
- Facilitates the setup of program rooms, materials, and equipment for public, library, and county events.
- Participates in activities of the Friends of the Library.
- Circulates material through checkout/check-in, retrieving and processing reserves, billing and missing items processes as needed.
- Gathers statistical information as required.
- Performs routine equipment cleaning and maintenance.
- Develops and maintains COOP Plan.
- Develops, implements and coordinates outreach program specific to the Osprey community.
- Develops and maintains recording module for periodicals.
- Sorts and shelves materials, and maintains an orderly arrangement of materials.
- Recommends books/media for purchase.
- Monitors physical condition of materials and recommends repair or de-selection.
- Promotes the materials collection through displays and other methods.
- Develops and maintains materials collection focused on the unique demands and needs of Osprey patrons.
- Participates in cross training.
- Provides opportunities for continuing professional development of self and others.
- Coordinates, trains, directs, and supervises volunteers. Encourages volunteers to use individual talents to creatively address tasks.
- Attend system wide OPS and Osprey FOL meetings, represent Osprey Public Library throughout community.
Minimum Qualifications: A High School Diploma or equivalent education and two (2) years experience as a customer service representative. One year of college may substitute for one year of experience.
Special Note: This position works where children regularly congregate and in accordance with Florida Statues applicants must pass criminal sexual predator and sexual offender check background check.
Selected candidate for hire is subject to passing substance screening: This position is subject to passing a pre-employment substance screening. An applicant who fails to pass a required drug screening test shall be disqualified from employment in any class for a period of five years.
Job Competencies: Demonstrates customer service skills, courteous, sensitive, tactful, with rapport and discretion. Ability to handle tough customers and/or situations. Good listener who communicates well with others. Speaks clearly and distinctly. Supports and respects diversity. Technical knowledge of phone and computer hardware/software is required. Ability to use basic computers and software and standard business equipment.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Osprey Public Library
- Job Location:
- Southwest Florida
- 337 North Tamiami Trail
- Institution Name :
- Sarasota County Libraries and Historical Resources
- 1660 Ringling Blvd.
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Jennifer Perry
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- 941 861-5459
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Please apply online.