Job: IEEE Client Services Manager for Latin America
Go back to All Jobs
- IEEE Client Services Manager for Latin America
- Number position available:
- Job Category:
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Do you want to do something different with your MLS? Are you innovative, outgoing and like to travel? IEEE, the world’s largest technical organization dedicated to advancing technology for the benefit of humanity, is looking for a new member for our international team of information professionals, supporting libraries and organizations who subscribe to our digital library. You must be bilingual in Spanish and English and willing to travel.
This is a full-time telecommuting position based in the U.S. Preference will be given to applicants based in or near Miami, Florida or Houston, Texas due to convenient access to territory.
The overall purpose of this position is to build relationships with IEEE online customers in Latin America and the Caribbean, educating researchers and administrators about IEEE content, the IEEE Xplore Digital Library, and other IEEE online platforms and subscriptions. The incumbent in this position will support a core territory, providing outreach, training, promotional activities and programs to grow usage and communicate the value of IEEE information. Key responsibilities:
- Creates programs of awareness, training, customer support and outreach for IEEE subscription products, partnering with locally-based sales representatives in Latin America.
- Develops and implements programs and events that build customer relationships and drive IEEE usage and awareness for multiple communities, including librarians, researchers, students, faculty, and IEEE chapters and groups.
- Plans, organizes and leads training sessions for librarians, endusers, regional staff and local dealers in effective use of the IEEE Xplore Digital Library, Innovation Q+, and other electronic information products through on-site visits, phone, email, and internet conferencing
- Represents IEEE in designated territory by planning and organizing complex events, such as training workshops, IEEE Student Branch-sponsored activities, university and industry outreach programs, customized events, and public speaking opportunities
- Assists with introductions of new products and platforms. Supports customers during roll-out of new subscriptions and monitors usage to support internal promotions of new content or platforms
- Travels for customer visits, conferences, training and awareness events
- Reports customer feedback to product development and design teams regularly. Reports issues that interfere with usage and access via internal processes
- Participates in the creation of custom promotional and training materials, as needed
- Master’s Degree in Library & Info Science strongly preferred. Engineering or Computer Science background will also be considered.
- 7+ years cumulative work experience with 5+ years library, publishing or STM database experience preferred
Skills and other Requirementss:
- Bilingual in Spanish and English. Portuguese knowledge a plus
- Training expertise required -- comfort with electronic information products and ability to demonstrate products one-on-one or for large audiences, both in-person and online, is critical
- Enthusiasm and energy for customer engagement
- Experience with scientific digital libraries strongly desired
- Knowledge of information industry and library trends, methods and technologies
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time, both locally and internationally. Frequent travel is part of the job
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize own workload
- PC skills, Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, WebEx
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Full-time telecommuter based in Miami area home office
- Job Location:
- Southeast Florida
- 2100 NW 42nd Ave
- Address 2:
- Not actual address. Location will be your home office.
- Institution Name :
- 445 Hoes Lane
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Rachel Berrington
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Please apply through the IEEE job site at https://ieee.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=190324