Process all incoming library mail received on a daily basis. Sorts and distributes mailto appropriate mailboxes or departments. Check-in and timely processing of publications, loose-leafs, monographs bound materials,state digests, U. S. Code publications, serials, and monographs.Updates integrated library system with respect to withdrawn materials. Cross training with public service duties including opening the library at 6:30 am. Assists with weekly counting of monies taken from copiers in association with the circulation staff. Maintains department statistics for monthly report to department head. Performs other duties required or deemed appropriate to the function of the office.
High School diploma or equivalency and two years of related expierence. Appropriate college coursework or vocational technical training may subsitute at an equivalent rate for the required expierence.
• Basic knowledge of computers and Microsoft Office products with emphasis on Excel and MS Word 2007;
• Ability to follow oral and written communication;
• Basic knowledge of the policies and procedures for copy cataloging, materials processing and shelf reading;
• Ability to demonstrate strong organizational skills and ability to perform very detailed work with a great deal of accuracy-must be
able to respond to a rapidly changing environment;
• Ability to lift up to 25 lbs., walk, stand, bend and push book trucks for periods at a time and work at a computer terminal for long
periods of time; and
• Ability to be flexible, self-motivated, work independently and as a team player.
Physical address where the job position is located.