Job: Library Services Supervisor
Go back to All Jobs
- Library Services Supervisor
- Number position available:
- $38,100 - $49,400 Salary commensurate with education and experience
- Job Category:
- Reference & Public Services
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Under general supervision, this position performs a range of reference, technical assistance and services in the operations of the library’s Reference Department. Work requires supervising and training part time staff to assist library patrons and provide technical support to students. This position will utilize decision making authority in developing and carrying out services in the reference and computer lab areas while conforming to established library policies and standard library practices. Demonstrates a commitment to service excellence, innovation, student success, integrity, diversity, and sustainability in the performance of job duties.
- Associate’s degree. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Three years of related library experience.
- Experience with integrated library systems and other student- centered library technologies with two years of supervisory or lead experience required.
- An equivalent combination of experience and education may be considered.
- Daily -35%: Oversees the regular scheduling of library instruction classes, orientations and approved non-instructional use of the collaborative spaces. Assists the Faculty Librarians by maintaining the online Library Instruction Calendar. Tracks usage and provides data reports to the Associate Dean.
- Daily -25%: Oversees the supervision and support of part time, work study, student assistants, and interns. Sets work priorities, training, and evaluation of staff performance. Assist with the process of recruitment, training, and retention of employees.
- Daily -10%: Manages the daily operations of the multi-media collaborative lab and printing center. Schedules the use of the library instruction and collaborative rooms. Tracks usage of areas. Supports operations and enforcement of policies and procedures.
- Daily -10%: Provides technical support for design, implementation, maintenance, testing, and upgrading of library equipment. Troubleshoots and resolves complex issues. Performs preventative maintenance of technological library equipment.
- Daily -10%: Stays informed of technology trends and/or service delivery platforms by attending conferences and events.
- Monthly -5%: Serves on library and technology related committees.
- Other, As Needed -5%: Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the general principles and practices of library services and programs.
- Knowledge of multimedia, emerging technologies, and spreadsheet/report software.
- Models inclusive excellence through specific actions that support the College’s diversity goals in the recruitment, hiring, and retention of talented and diverse staff.
- Fully proficient in professional and functional standards and protocols
- General understanding of College structure, policies and practices, and the impact on own area
- Ability to exchange information and collaborate with colleagues and peers within the College
- Knowledge of operational processes and procedures, work and task flow for area
- Ability to negotiate and reach mutual points of agreement and benefit among peers and colleagues
- Ability to manage own work and work of others to unit performance standards for cost, quality, and output (e.g., demonstrated supervisory and organizational skills, ability to set priorities for self and others, schedule work activities, allocate resources and provide appropriate feedback).
- Advanced level of technical skills for functional area required.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- University/College Library, Broward College, Central Campus
- Job Location:
- Southeast Florida
- 3501 SW Davie Road
- Institution Name :
- Broward College
- 6400 NW 6th Way
- Fort Lauderdale
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply