This position will report to the Head of Special Collections and University Archives. We are seeking a dynamic, knowledgeable and creative individual for the position of Visiting University Archives Librarian. This position will be responsible for organizing the University Archives to gain physical and intellectual control of the collection, including processing, arrangement, and description of records in analog and digital formats. This position will also suggest best practices for acquisition, appraisal, and accessioning archival material from UNF colleges and departments as well as provide reference services for the University Archives.
For additional information go to: http://www.unfjobs.org/postings/12647
. You must apply online at www.unfjobs.org and submit all required documents to be considered an applicant for this position. UNF is an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action Institution.
This is a temporary position through June 30, 2020 with the possibility of an extension. This position is benefit eligible.
Master’s degree from an ALA accredited program in Library Sciences or a Bachelor’s degree with at least two years of experience directly related to the job functions.
• Demonstrated understanding of archival theory and best practices as they relate to the processing, arrangement, and description of collections.
• Familiarity with proper handling and basic preservation concepts for primary source materials, both analog and digital.
• Ability to work independently and collaboratively, and to handle multiple responsibilities.
• Strong commitment to public service and ability to work effectively with diverse populations.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Applicants must complete an online application, as well as upload supplemental documents, at www.unfjobs.org in order to be considered for this position. Applicants who do not apply online and/or upload all the required documents will not be considered for this position. Once you submit both your completed application and uploaded documents you will receive a confirmation number. Keep the confirmation number for your records. If you have any questions about this position, please contact Susie Parks at (904) 620-2553 or email@example.com
Professional references will be contacted at the Finalist stage.