Job: Library Marketing Specialist
Go back to All Jobs
- Library Marketing Specialist
- Number position available:
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
The Jacksonville Public Library in Jacksonville, FL is actively seeking a Library Marketing Specialist. This is professional public relations work in planning, researching, developing, marketing, producing, writing and presenting promotional, educational, instructional, and informational content.
The City of Jacksonville is a premier local government employer providing a competitive compensation package and an excellent work environment. Employees are afforded 11 paid holidays plus a paid personal day. Our comprehensive benefit programs include defined contribution retirement plan, medical, dental and vision plans; life insurance coverage for you and your dependents; flexible spending plans for medical reimbursement, dependent care; an employee assistance program for you and your dependents; a 457(b) tax-deferred compensation plan to supplement your retirement, and a ROTH IRA plan. We also provide an extensive wellness program that includes a health intervention program if qualified, lunch and learns, health fairs, and discounted gym memberships.
This is an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate to make a significant contribution in a dynamic, quality-oriented customer-focused organization. The City of Jacksonville is an equal opportunity/equal access employer. In order to be considered for this position you MUST apply online at www.coj.net/jobs.
The minimum qualifications are:
- Six years of education and/or professional experience in media relations, communications, journalism, advertising, marketing, or related field, which included such duties as promotional, educational, and/or informational content development, design, and administration; and preparation and presentation of speeches, news releases, and/or public service announcements.
- A valid Florida Driver's License is required prior to appointment and must be maintained during employment in this class.
- Must qualify for prior to appointment, obtain and maintain during employment in this class a City of Jacksonville Certification as a Public Driver.
The following are preferred:
- Bachelors' degree from an accredited institution in marketing or communications
- Multimedia production software (e.g., video editing and production, audio editing and production, graphics editing and production, Adobe Creative Suite preferred);
- Voice and video talent experience (e.g., podcast hosting, vidcast hosting, on-camera experience, etc.);
- Photographic and video production (single-camera, multi-camera, lighting, mobile device);
- Search engine optimization (SEO) experience.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Jacksonville Public Library
- Job Location:
- Northeast Florida
- 303 N. Laura Street
- Institution Name :
- City of Jacksonville
- 117 W. Duval Street
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Employee Services
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
An online application is required at https://www.coj.net/jobs.