Florida Atlantic University (FAU) Libraries seeks a proactive, enthusiastic, and creative Instruction & Engagement Librarian to engage and collaborate with faculty, staff, and students around current and emerging technologies, services, and resources.
Reporting to the Head, Instruction & Engagement Services Department and working closely with the Assistant Dean for Public Services, the position of Instruction & Engagement Librarian provides introductory and in-depth orientation to library services and resources for students and faculty using exhibitions, public programming, classes, online tutorials, social networking, and other innovative techniques to engage the community.Utilizing a proactive, user-centric service model, the mission of the department is to engage actively and collaborate with the FAU community and support its instructional and research needs in traditional and innovative ways. Instruction & Engagement Librarians participate in selection of library materials, liaison with academic and student support units, reference (both virtual and in-person), and instruction. Working closely with the Broward County Public Library in Fort Lauderdale, this position also provides services to FAU faculty and students based in Fort Lauderdale through face-to-face and remote interactions.
SELECTED JOB FUNCTIONS
- Actively contribute to innovative library engagement, providing instruction for courses, workshops, and programs.
- Participate in the on-call reference service model, with assigned hours for the statewide Ask a Librarian online reference service.
- Develop subject/discipline promotional materials that effectively communicate the library’s resources to the community utilizing LibGuides, online tutorials, and other media.
- Actively engage with university and library colleagues to ensure current collections meet the needs of the FAU community and support the University’s and Libraries’ mission and strategic plans.
- Participate in academic liaison activities in assigned subject areas, including support for scholarly communication and awareness and use of open educational resources.
- Coordinate with the staff of the Broward County Main Public Library in Fort Lauderdale to satisfy the research and instructional needs of FAU faculty and students on the Fort Lauderdale campus.
- MLS or MLIS from an ALA-accredited institution or equivalent.
- Minimum one to two years experience in an academic library.
“For the full listing of job duties and qualifications and how to apply, visit the web site at: https://library.fau.edu/job/instruction-engagement-librarian
Position is a non-tenure-track faculty position at the rank of Assistant University Librarian or Associate University Librarian on a 12-month contract. Salary is commensurate with education and experience. The Libraries provide a high level of funding for professional development, including conference attendance, webinars, and workshops. Florida Atlantic University offers an excellent benefits package. Please see http://www.fau.edu/hr/Benefits/index.php for benefits information.
Florida Atlantic University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law. Individuals with disabilities, requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057.
Physical address where the job position is located.