The University of Central Florida (UCF) Libraries seeks a collaborative, highly engaged leader to administer all aspects of the re-envisioned Student Learning and Engagement (SLE) department. Under the direction of the associate director for Research, Education, and Engagement, this position has full supervisory responsibilities and oversight of the SLE department and its two main areas of focus. The first primary area is information literacy/library instruction, which includes continued integration of the Information Literacy modules into courses, general oversight of library instruction delivered online, and responsibility for library instruction delivered to introductory composition and student success courses. The department also coordinates professional development workshops related to instruction and works collaboratively with librarians in assigned subject areas and those at branch and regional campuses. The second area of focus is student engagement which consists of efforts to develop, implement, market, and assess library services, workshops, and programs provided to general education program (GEP) students and targeted student populations. As such, the department head supports and facilitates collaboration with faculty and campus academic support units to implement the instruction and student engagement goals of the department.
• Directly supervises and mentors four full-time librarians and one half-time staff member;
• Sets goals, directs, develops, and promotes instructional services to the campus community;
• Leads efforts to integrate information literacy outcomes and instruction throughout the university general education program (GEP). Oversees coordination of face-to-face library instruction to freshman English and student success courses, and integration of library instruction modules or other online instruction options;
• Coordinates training and professional development opportunities for librarians on all aspects of library instruction, including theory, best practices, and available resources;
• Integrates existing and emerging technologies related to the design and delivery of instruction services;
• Assesses and evaluates the instruction and engagement programs through collection and analysis of statistics, including student learning outcomes;
• Coordinates systematic outreach efforts of library services and resources to various student groups and develops working relationships and collaborations with institutional partners;
• Directs efforts to promote library services and resources through various media, such as videos, social media, and research guides;
• Furthers the goals of the Research, Education, and Engagement division; assists the associate director with development of division-wide goals, initiatives, and services;
• Participates in library and university activities and committees, is professionally active, and engages in scholarly activities appropriate to rank.
Environment: With more than 68,000 students, the University of Central Florida is the largest university by enrollment in Florida and one of the largest universities in the nation, offering ninety-two bachelor’s, eighty-three master’s, and thirty-one doctoral programs. The UCF Libraries houses a collection of more than 2 million volumes and 68,000 serials and is a partial depository for government documents and patents. Full-time staffing of 110 includes forty-six faculty librarians. For more information about the UCF Libraries see http://library.ucf.edu.
Salary and Rank: Commensurate with experience and qualifications. This is a twelve-month, non-tenure track faculty position with insurance and retirement benefits, 22 paid annual days, 13 sick days, 9 holidays, and no state income tax.
To Apply: UCF requires that all applications and supporting documents be submitted electronically through the Human Resources website, https://jobs.ucf.edu/en-us/job/498961 Please complete the online application for job number 498961 by the close date of March 19, 2020. In addition to the online application, interested candidates should upload a cover letter, a full curriculum vitae, and contact information for three current professional references. Questions regarding this search may be directed to search chair, Penny Beile at email@example.com or 407-823-5488.
• Master’s degree from an American Library Association-accredited institution;
• At least five years post-MLS academic library experience.
• Supervisory experience;
• Experience with and knowledge of information literacy theory and best practices;
• Ability to manage and assess outcomes of projects;
• Evidence of successfully integrating library services and resources across the institution;
• Sufficient professional activities and participation to mentor faculty librarians;
• Experience with developing and hosting professional development opportunities;
• Ability to integrate new instructional technologies;
• Ability to set and accomplish goals and meet deadlines;
• Experience working in a team environment that includes institutional partners.
Physical address where the job position is located.
UCF requires that all applications and supporting documents be submitted electronically through the Human Resources website, https://jobs.ucf.edu/en-us/job/498961 Please complete the online application for job number 498961 by the close date of March 19, 2020. In addition to the online application, interested candidates should upload a cover letter, a full curriculum vitae, and contact information for three current professional references.
NOTE: Please have all documents ready when applying so they can be attached at that time. Once the online submission process is finalized, the system does not allow applicants to submit additional documents at a later date.
Questions regarding this search may be directed to search chair, Penny Beile at firstname.lastname@example.org or 407-823-5488.
As an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, UCF encourages all qualified applicants to apply, including women, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of traditionally underrepresented populations. UCF’s Equal Opportunity Statement can be viewed at: http://www.oie.ucf.edu/documents/PresidentsStatement.pdf As a Florida public university, UCF makes all application materials and selection procedures available to the public upon request.