The Administrative Assistant to the Library is responsible for the organization and maintenance of office support for the Director of Library Services, Library Faculty, and Library Staff. The assistant serves as the point of contact for the Director of Library Services, office manager, and bookkeeper for the library. The ideal candidate will have excellent skills in written and oral communication, desktop publishing, scheduling, event planning, office organization, spreadsheet and word processing. Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to handle diverse assignments in a fast-paced environment are necessary.
● Budget Manager of the Library
o Keep ledgers for all account lines.
o Responsible for reimbursements, invoice payments, account transfers, cash advances.
o Keep the Director of Library Services updated on budget activity.
o Ability to forecast future expenses and budget accordingly.
o Use Banner and A2B systems for reporting purposes.
· Office Management
o Maintains administrative files, reports, and correspondence.
o Develops procedures and forms.
o Purchasing and maintaining office supplies and equipment.
o Resolve day to day facilities issues for the Library. Report building issues to Facilities and serve as the primary contact for facilities staff.
o Use the Google and Astra calendars to schedule library spaces.
o Serve as a library safety contact attending meetings and training and communicating procedures to library staff.
o Updating Emergency Services Plan.
o Scheduling appointments with candidates.
· Assistant to the Director of Library Services and the Library Faculty
o Handles correspondence for the Director and the Library Faculty.
o Prepares minutes for departmental meetings as assigned, i.e. Librarian Meetings, Library Committee meetings, workshops, and focus groups, etc.
o Assists librarians in setting operations calendars.
o Handles travel reimbursements and, if needed, makes travel arrangements.
o Assists with event planning and set up.
o Assists with library related surveys and focus groups.
o Assists with compiling statistics for reports and surveys.
o Perform other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, skilles, and abilities needed upon entry into the position)
· Above average secretarial and computer skills, Microsoft Office Suite, Google suite, and WordPress.
· Experience with bookkeeping.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills in the English language.
· Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
· Knowledge of office equipment: Printers, Scanning, Computers, Telephone
· Ability to work with a diverse faculty, staff, students and the general public.
· Ability to use good judgment in identifying and dealing with problems.
· Ability to set daily and long range work priorities.
· Attention to detail.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality.
· High School Diploma –required (College or Associate's degree preferred)
· Administrative/Secretarial experience required; Three to five years experience is highly desirable .
Physical address where the job position is located.
Submit applications to the Eckerd Job Website. Link: https://eckerd.hirecentric.com/jobs/174901.html