This position requires regularly working weekends. The schedule will be Saturday-Wednesday, with Thursdays and Fridays off.
Responsible for the management of all activities associated with the campus library circulation processes and customer service. Responsible for upholding and enforcing library policies and procedures including Circulation Procedures, Policy on Fines, and Policy on Lost or Damaged Materials. Note: this position requires weekend availability.
Reports to: Librarian
· Uphold and enforce official library policies and procedures, including overdue items and late charges.
· Maintain borrower records in library information management system.
· Assist students and faculty with checking in / checking out / renewing library materials.
· Provide customer service support to all library patrons, including answering basic questions and locating items.
· Troubleshoot problems with library technology such as printers, copiers, computers, etc.
· Orient new students to library services and collections.
· Train, schedule, and supervise part-time student library monitors.
· Record and process incoming serials or other items as needed.
· Manage the library cash drawer and collect payment for late fees.
· Coordinate loans with other campus libraries within the University.
· Proctor individual exams in the library as requested according to the Library Proctoring Policy.
· Meet regularly with other library staff on all campuses to suggest changes or report problems.
· Support and assist the Librarian, including maintaining sole responsibility of the library when the Librarian is absent.
· Serve as a point of communication between the Library and the University, students and faculty on the weekends.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Preferred: one or more years of experience in a library setting
· Bachelor’s degree
· Excellent written and face-to-face communication skills.
· Ability to work independently or with little supervision.
· Ability to meet deadlines and perform tasks in a timely manner, even while multi-tasking.
· Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
· Professional demeanor.
· Excellent computer skills and the ability to new learn new software programs easily.
· Working knowledge of office management software packages.
· Availability to work weekends.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Applicants must apply online at https://careers.usa.edu/job/miami/circulation-manager/26483/15536416. Applications sent by email will not be considered.