Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED required and TWO (2) years library experience, one of which must be in the area assigned. Bachelor’s degree desirable. Computer experience is required.
Must be able to stand/walk during shift for approximately 3 hours, as well as easily lift 10 pounds and push/pull book/equipment cart.
Knowledge and Abilities:
· Ability to work evening and weekend hours.
· Ability to deal with various duties simultaneously.
· Knowledge of reader interests and of books and authors.
· Skill in the use of personal computers and standard office equipment.
· Ability to effectively search on-line catalogs and other databases.
· Familiarity with current library technology.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, volunteers and patrons.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Applications are available online at our website. Please download, print, and scan as an e-mail attachment, bring it directly to the library, or mail it to the attention of Susan Plas, Circulation Supervisor. Viable applicants will be called for an interview.