The Florida Institute of Technology seeks a service-oriented individual with enthusiasm for data to join the Evans Library as a Data Librarian. This is a full-time faculty position reporting to the Assistant Dean of Access & Discovery. Entry-level and early career librarians are encouraged to apply.
The Data Librarian provides data services and expertise to assist faculty and students in managing the lifecycle of data resulting from research project of all disciplines. S/he develops a data services program to support use, curation, and reuse of data by engaging with the research practices of faculty and students.
● Provides proactive data management consultation and research data services to faculty and students. Consults on research funder or publication requirements for data sharing.
● Provides training and performs workshops related to data management, data visualization and other related topics.
● Serves as liaison to science and engineering departments and promotes library resources and services.
● Forges new collaborations and relationships that extend the Library’s capacity to support the university’s interdisciplinary initiatives and emerging technologies.
● Engages the campus in broader conversations surrounding e-science and e-scholarship initiatives.
● Assists with the establishment of university-wide standards and best practices for managing, sharing and displaying data.
● Collects, organizes, analyzes, and creates visualizations of data related to publication and research impact.
● Tests new tools and visualization frameworks.
● Serves on library and university committees. Represents Florida Tech as needed at regional and national conferences and meetings.
● Keeps current with relevant trends in higher education research libraries.
● Experience using tools for metadata manipulation and knowledge of metadata standards
● Experience using statistical software applications, such as Excel, R, JMP or SPSS
● Experience with data visualization software and tools
● Research laboratory experience
Physical address where the job position is located.
Consideration of candidates will continue until the position is filled.
Ideally, candidates should be prepared to begin on May 1, 2020.
To apply for this position send (1) a detailed cover letter addressing how your experience matches the qualifications, (2) a curriculum vitae, and (3) names and contact information, including email and phone number, of at least three references to Angela Taylor firstname.lastname@example.org