Grant Period: April 4, 2020 – September 30, 2020
Hours: 27 hours a week open to some weekend hours – Monday – Thursday – Saturday or Sunday.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of an innovative pilot project to place social workers in libraries in Miami-Dade County. The position is a grant funded contract, where the LCSW will be responsible for developing, coordinating, and delivering mental health and case management services in two libraries in the Miami-Dade Public Library System as well as supervising two social work interns from FIU. The social worker will develop a strategy for engagement of clients in the libraries, select appropriate assessment tools, and oversee linkage to community resources, including the creation of an information and referral resource. The social worker will also serve as the point person for SEFLIN/MDPLS and the FIU School of Social Work and assist with library staff trainings on social service-related topics when requested.
The social worker is expected to:
1. Develop an engagement strategy for clients to receive mental health and case management in two libraries.
2. Create/Select/Implement assessment tools.
3. Oversee the development of an information and referral resource.
4. Track client interactions and services.
5. Create and implement trainings for library staff as requested.
6. Provide mental health and case management services to library clients as needed.
7. Serve as a field instructor for 2, foundation-level MSW student interns, training, observing, and providing supervision at both libraries.
8. Be able to travel between the two libraries according to a schedule that includes the interns.
Must have master’s degree in social work from a CSWE accredited program and at least five years of post-master’s professional experience in social work. A LCSW is required. An ideal candidate would have experience serving as a Field Instructor, practice with the homeless population, and some administrative experience
Physical address where the job position is located.
Please submit resume and cover letter to:
Jennifer Pratt at Pratt@Seflin.org