SUMMARY: This position supports the Library in the coordination and presentation of STEAM (science, technology, engineering, arts, and math) based programming, patron technology instruction, and aid, under the direction of the Library Director. Plans, presents, and measures success as well as manages all resources and supplies needed to fulfill programming goals. Coordinates with the youth services librarian for children’s STEAM programming. Provides outreach to the community and establishes partnerships to support the Library’s mission. Trains Library and City of Destin staff on technology equipment and applications. Oversees the computer and media labs and gathers and reports statistical library data to the director. Maintains the Library’s web and social media sites, and creates programming marketing materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Demonstrates commitment to Team Destin and our mission, vision, values, and goals and represents the City in a professional, dignified manner both in actions and appearance
• Contributes to the development and accomplishment of home team work-plans
• Demonstrates competent knowledge of all applicable policies, codes, ordinances, regulations, and statutes
• Demonstrates relevant knowledge of the Library’s Key Functions and processes
• Plans, coordinates, and presents STEAM programming for children and teens to meet the goals of the Library
• Plans and provides technology training for the public as well as Library and City of Destin staff
• Plans and presents Snowbird programs during the winter
• Serves as liaison with external agencies, activities, or functions to promote library services
• Builds effective working relationships with, city leaders and staff, citizens, and agencies
• Works the technology desk for walk-up computer and technology assistance
• Maintains the Library’s webpage, social media, slide show monitor, and compiles the monthly report
• Keeps current on public library STEAM and programming trends
• Fills in for library circulation desk
• Oversees computer and media lab
• Oversees and coordinates care and maintenance of the technology equipment
• Plans and attends community outreach events
• Researches grant opportunities, gathers documentation, and produces grant narratives, prepares grant applications
• Creates and updates plans and goals for programming
• Conducts surveys to determine the programming needs and effectiveness of services provided. Maintains performance measures/activity reports
• Selects, orders, maintains, and inventories materials for programming
• Creates library fliers and other promotional materials
Performs other related duties as assigned.
This listing is not exclusive or all-inclusive of the skills and abilities required to perform the job. Management may delegate other responsibilities as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Experience with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher
• Experience with computers, handheld devices, and other types of technology equipment
• Ability to communicate with people from all walks of life in a professional manner; maintain positive working relationships; maintain patient interactions with individuals that may be upset or emotional
• Ability to speak in public
• Ability to provide excellent customer service
• Ability to function independently in a multi-task situation
• Ability to solve practical problems.
• Ability to offer instruction to staff or the public on an individual or group basis
• Ability to communicate, organize, and plan effectively
• Knowledge of scanning software and equipment
• Skill in research.
Education and Experience:
High school diploma; supplemented by college-level coursework; one-year experience working in public libraries with demonstrated program development skills. Knowledge and experience using a variety of technology, including creative gaming and creative software. Experience with Scratch and Python for coding a plus. Position requires excellent speaking and written communication skills, the ability to work with the public, and familiarity with library databases. Or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Go to www.cityofdestin.com: Under the "I want to" tab find apply for job. Browse jobs then click to see full description: on right side of page you will see "Apply Online" when application is completed submit and the application will be sent to the HR department.
A City of Destin Application is required by all applicants to be considered.