Job: Librarian - Access and Collection Services
Go back to All Jobs
- Librarian - Access and Collection Services
- Number position available:
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
- Manages the library collection development by breaking down the annual budget into academic areas and overseeing purchases, licensing, and processing of new materials and e-resources to best support NWFSC users.
- Supports library team with in-processing of materials and donations as well as deselection of materials.
- Provides library instruction (print and electronic sources for research) to 40-60 classes in Spring and Fall. Participates in the embedded librarian schedule as the primary point of contact for 10-20 online courses. Additionally, teaches LIS 1001 and LIS 2004, as necessary.
- Develops and maintains quality control mechanisms and procedures that assure accurate access and collection records including implementation of the Collection Development Procedures and end of the year reconciliation processes.
- Prepares and submits regular reports on program effectiveness and needs to the Lead Librarian.
- Meets with department or department chairs in assigned liaison areas. Collaborates with individual faculty members to ensure effective development and management of resources.
- Oversees quality control, development, and updates of all InfoGuides by liaisons.
- Provides reference services to students at the reference desk, by telephone, online, and through Zoom conferencing.
- Works with library and Learning Commons staff in marketing and outreach.
- Assists in Library Management System implementation and maintenance.
- Maintains knowledge of current trends in the field by attending virtual or in-person workshops.
- Establishes and maintains up-to-date resources and manuals.
- Supports NWFSC goals by serving on college committees as needed.
- Active team member of Learning Commons team in support of student success.
- Performs other duties and services as may be assigned or requested.
- Master's Degree in Library Science from higher education institution with regional accreditation is required with a strong preference for a school that has A.L.A. accreditation.
- Minimum of 3 years professional library experience in a higher education setting that includes bibliographic instruction.
- Additional professional library experience in a patron centered environment in collection development is highly desirable.
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Exceptional customer service, and a courteous, positive-minded, team attitude.
- Leadership or Supervisory skills preferred.
- Proficiency in library software and Microsoft Office.
- Strong knowledge of eBooks, electronic resources and traditional resources.
- Ability to analyze data, identify problems, and provide solutions.
- Ability to present library information and instruction effectively, creatively, and with confidence.
- Some physical effort may be required; occasionally lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Susan Myers Learning Resources Center
- Job Location:
- Northwest Florida
- 100 E College Blvd
- Institution Name :
- Northwest Florida State College
- 100 E College Blvd
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- 850-729-5365 ext. 6667
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
All sections of the application must be completed.
In addition to the application, please submit ALL of the following:
- A cover letter explaining why you consider yourself qualified for this position.
- Electronic copies of transcripts.
Go to http://nwfsc.interviewexchange.com/candapply.jsp?JOBID=122885