The St. Augustine Historical Society Research Library’s mission is to collect, preserve and provide access to St. Augustine and St. Johns County history from 1565 to date to current and future patrons. Our collection has 6,000 books, 100,000+ photographs; this includes the photographic archive of the St. Augustine Record, maps, 200+ manuscript collections, oral histories, architectural drawings, and genealogical material. This position supports this mission and advances it through the use of technology and teamwork. Responsibilities include:
· Maintenance of the online library catalog which uses PastPerfect software
o Catalog new material either through copy or original cataloging.
o Add non-book material to the catalog
· Assist patrons in the reading room, retrieving books, manuscripts, genealogical information and other material required by the patron. Also responsible for returning material and insuring it is in good order.
· Process and organize manuscript collections, house in acid free containers and create finding aids.
· Act as Volunteer/Intern Coordinator
o Oversee the work of volunteers and interns.
o Assigning new projects as required.
o Recruiting new volunteers as required
o Developing intern projects as required
· Assist in other projects as needed
· 3-4 years experience in a public or special library
· Archival experience
· Experience with Omeka, PastPerfect and/or CONTENTdm is a plus
· Familiarity with technology and the ability to learn new technology is a requirement
· Ability to read and speak Spanish is a plus
· This is a 35 hour per week position
· $18 per hour
· Work schedule is Monday through Friday 8:45 AM to 4:45 PM.
· The position is in a historic multi-story building and the reading room is on the second floor which is accessible only by the use of stairs.
Physical address where the job position is located.