Library Systems & Services (LS&S) is seeking a Library Director for the new Homestead Cybrarium in Homestead, Florida. This position is an amazing opportunity for a dynamic, technology driven, leader to manage the operations of the Cybrarium, which will open in October 2020. The Library Director will have a dedicated customer focus and lead a team of library staff who are committed to creating a thriving library in the heart of their community. This position will report to the LS&S Chief Library Officer and also build and maintain a strong partnership with their local official(s) and board members.
Scheduled to open Q4 of, 2020, the Cybrarium will cover two floors of a four-floor mixed use entertainment and community center known at Homestead Station in Miami-Dade County. The Cybrarium will bring excitement to the library, literacy, and learning by using innovations like virtual reality. The Cybraium will feature a Virtual Reality Cube, Book Mountain, and a pop-up Children’s Theatre.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
• Manages with integrity, honesty and knowledge to promote the culture, values and mission of LS&S and creates thriving libraries in the heart of our communities
• Evaluate library environments and key operational indicators to identify problems, concerns, and opportunities for improvement
• Coaches staff to help achieve operational and personal development goals
• Monitors and manages staffing levels
• Develops the library team to deliver excellent customer service and patron experiences
• Evaluates and supports the performance of staff
• Implements action plans that meet operational and organizational objectives
• Keeps current with library trends, issues and technology as well as political, economic and demographics issues that may affect services and advanced programming
• Plans and executes local, regional and company initiatives to achieve both operational excellence and business results; follows up consistently to ensure accountability to plans
• Utilizes existing tools and best practices to ensure effective operations
• Utilizes and helps staff utilize management information tools and analyzes financial reports and other related data (usage, demographics, trends, etc.) to identify and address system trends and issues
• Oversees the selection, acquisition and processing of materials to meet public needs within the structure of selection policies and budgetary limitations
• Responsible for the local management of the customer relationship (city/county officials, governing boards, library boards)
• Regularly solicits client, other stakeholder and patron feedback to understand client needs and the needs of the local community
• Establish a positive, healthy and safe work environment in accordance with all appropriate legislation and regulations
• Oversee the implementation of the human resources policies, procedures and practices
• Know, understand and administer the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library. In addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local library
• Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records
Physical address where the job position is located.
LINK TO APPLY: