Library Systems & Services (LS&S) is seeking a full time Children’s Librarian for the new Homestead Cybrarium in Homestead, Florida. The Children’s Librarian works alongside members of the library management team and with other key stakeholders to develop policies, procedures, workflows and sustainable approaches for children’s programs and services. With Director oversight, this position works both independently and with other staff to execute small to large scale projects and programs.
Scheduled to open Q4 of 2020, the Cybrarium will cover two floors of a four-floor mixed use entertainment and community center known as Homestead Station in Miami-Dade County. The Cybrarium will bring excitement to the library, literacy, and learning by using innovations like virtual reality. The Cybrarium will feature a Virtual Reality Cube, Book Mountain, and a pop-up Children’s Theatre.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
•` Coordinates and executes a variety of children’s programs and initiatives
• Evaluates basic statistical data and prepares basic statistical reports and surveys for the Cybrarium, LS&S management and other entities; i.e. local government/customers
• Plans and carries out a vibrant Summer Reading Program along with the team, including managing performers, seeking patron sign ups, and tracking completion rates
• Processes, creates and edits bibliographic and item records for the library catalog
• Maintains and updates the social media presence and webpage
• Provides reference, computer and technology help to patrons
• Serves on committees and at times may serve as the chairperson for committees
• May handle opening and closing responsibilities; counting money, completing daily cash reports
• Provides proficient reader’s advisory services for all ages
• Inform patrons of rules of conduct as necessary, and enforce those rules when appropriate
• Builds partnerships and participates in outreach events related to children’s services
• Supports the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library.
• Maintains the collections within the Cybrarium, including displays
• Assist with the circulation of library materials, including shelving and pulling of holds for patrons
• Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records, as well as other library related policies.
• Other duties as assigned
Physical address where the job position is located.
LINK TO APPLY: