- Library Operations Manager
- Number position available:
- Based on Experience
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Library Systems & Services (LS&S) is seeking a full time Library Operations Manager for the new Homestead Cybrarium in Homestead, Florida. The primary responsibility is overseeing the circulation staff, providing excellent customer service handling and overseeing the opening of accounts, placing holds, cash handling, processing materials, invoices and problem-solving patron accounts. The Library Operations Manager will also be involved with enriching the community by providing access to and assistance in acquiring information needed for self-directed personal growth, satisfying leisure experiences, and cultural understanding. This position will report to the Library Director.
Scheduled to open Q4 2020, the Cybrarium will cover two floors of a four-floor mixed use entertainment and community center known as Homestead Station in Miami-Dade County. The Cybrarium will bring excitement to the library, literacy, and learning by using innovations like virtual reality. The Cybraium will feature a Virtual Reality Cube, Book Mountain, and a pop-up Children’s Theatre.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
• Liaise with internal staff at all levels
• Supervise Library Associates which includes managing performance, evaluation, interviewing/hiring, training and approving timesheets
• Oversee monthly report statistics
• Facilitate new hire and termination process with HR
• Accounting – maintain account receivables and expenses; this includes payment of invoices, credit card coding, check requests, petty cash disbursement, and review expense reports, provide supporting receipts, update and manage multiple budgets
• Assist and provide administrative services such as attending committee meetings, coordinating preparation of manuals and coordinating other training and meetings
• Maintain staff schedules, records, files and calendars
• Maintain circulation records and oversee the mailing of materials to patrons in homebound or other programs
• Assist in the preparation of correspondences and reports such as monthly library statistics, monthly database statistics, and the yearly state library report
• Collect and organize data for various grants and projects as required
• Order facility supplies, business cards and name badges as needed
• Assist the Director with additional tasks as needed
An individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
• Bachelor degree required. ALA accredited MLS or MLIS degree preferred.
• Previous administrative duties required with a minimum of two years of experience as an Administrator or office related experience preferred.
• Detail oriented, have excellent communication skills and able to multitask
• Strong technology skills, including being proficient in Microsoft Office (Including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and will need to become an expert in the Library’s ILS (e.g. Polaris)
• Be organized, possess strong writing skills, ability to multitask
• Ability to work well independently or as a team
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred
* Selected candidate can expect a tentative start date of September 24, 2020 to prepare and train for the Cybrarium opening. *
Equal Opportunity Employer: AA M/F/Vet/Disability
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Homestead Cybrarium
- Job Location:
- Southeast Florida
- 4 S Krome Avenue
- Institution Name :
- Library Systems & Services (LS&S)
- 2600 Tower Oaks Boulevard
- Address 2:
- Suite 510
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Matthew Brown
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- 301-540-5100 ext 2223
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
LINK TO APPLY: