Library Systems & Services (LS&S) is seeking a full time Library Associate 3 for the new Homestead Cybrarium in Homestead, Florida. The primary responsibilities of this position will be focused towards Adult Services, Virtual Reality and technology programming. This position will report to the Library Director.
Tentatively scheduled to open November 2020, the Cybrarium will cover two floors of a four-floor mixed use entertainment and community center known as Homestead Station in Miami-Dade County. The Cybrarium will bring excitement to the library, literacy, and learning by using innovations like virtual reality. The Cybrarium will feature a Virtual Reality Cube, Book Mountain, and a pop-up Children’s Theatre.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
• Provides customer service to patrons by greeting, providing tours and assisting patrons in all areas of the library
• Works closely with library management to plan, implement and promote Adult, Virtual Reality and technology programming activities
• Processes newly acquired materials, including all identifying stamps, labels and covers
• Inform patrons of rules of conduct as necessary, and enforce those rules when appropriate
• Assist with collection maintenance activities, including displays
• Assist with the circulation of library materials, including shelving and pulling of holds for patrons
• Assist with library opening and closing procedures
• Provide proficient reader’s advisory services
• Support the service desk in assisting patrons with questions
• Builds partnerships and participates in outreach events related to Adult and Technology services
• May coordinate volunteers and assign duties, providing necessary training
• Supports the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library.
• Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records, as well as other library related policies
Physical address where the job position is located.