The primary function of this position is to manage, plan and organize all aspects of the operations of the Branch Library in accordance with Monroe County Public Library System policy. Performs professional, supervisory, and administrative work directing the daily operations. Works closely with other Branch Managers, County departments, and Director to ensure services are responsive to public’s needs. Works under the direct supervision of the Director of Libraries.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
· Manages library operations and personnel services.
· Selects and maintains library materials in print and electronic formats.
· Prepares budget in relation to short- and long-term planning projects.
· Prepares statistical reports.
· Performs community outreach.
· Assists and advises patrons.
· Plans, directs and performs library programs.
· Maintains familiarity with Library ILS (Integrated Library System) in circulation and acquisition functions.
· Maintains inventory of office supplies
· Supervises, trains, and directs employees on a daily basis.
· Maintains branch collection through regular evaluation and weeding.
· Selects new materials in accordance with budget constraints, using recognized collection development guidelines and sources.
· Maintains local history collection.
· Keeps abreast of Library trends and technological changes, through professional reading, webinars, and conferences when feasible.
· Utilizes equipment and resources available.
· Assists public with e-government services.
· Interprets policies and procedures.
· Responds to complaint/issues from patrons.
· Maintains care of building premises and equipment as it affects library service.
· Handles security and safety issues; care of building premises and equipment as it affects library service.
· Performs other related job duties as assigned.
Master's degree from an ALA accredited college or university program required.
Major(s) required: Library Science, Master of Library Science (MLS), Master of Librarianship, Master of Library and Information Studies (MLIS) or Master of Information and Library Science (ILS)
5 years minimum of prior related work experience in a library setting.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Please submit your application, credentials check form, and any other documents to Careers@MonroeCounty-FL.gov. Forms can be found on the website link above or here: https://www.monroecounty-fl.gov/207/Forms-Applications
Should you have any questions, feel free to reach out to us Monday - Friday, 8AM-5PM EST.
Thank you and take care!