Job: Library Administrative Specialist
Go back to All Jobs
- Library Administrative Specialist
- Number position available:
- Minimum rate $15.84/hour. Actual rate will reflect experience
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
The Administrative Specialist coordinates and supervises all tasks performed by the library marketing team, performs all acquisition tasks related to book and media purchases, oversees office supply inventory and ordering, and assists the Director, as required. This position coordinates projects for the Director and produces documents and statistical data needed by the department. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Principal Duties and Job Responsibilities:
Demonstrates behaviors at AdventHealth University in harmony with the “Four Words” Nurture, Excellence, Spirituality, and Stewardship
- Coordinates all aspects of library Course Reserves service, including copyright compliance, policies, communications with faculty, setup of Course Reserves in the library LMS, ordering requested materials, and ensuring that materials are available in timely manner.
- Supervises library student workers assigned to work on Course Reserve and marketing projects.
- Oversees all aspects of library marketing activities (including library social media), including planning, implementation, assessment and chairing the marketing committee.
- Creates library marketing advertisements, articles, and announcements in a wide variety of formats.
- Assists Library Director in communications with sales representatives regarding library products and services.
- Coordinates projects for the Library Director and library faculty.
- Accesses statistics and assists with report writing for the Library Director.
- Writes minutes for all departmental meetings and subcommittees.
- Manages the purchase of books and loads bibliographic records for new titles into the library’s catalog as direct by the Head of Book and Media Collection Development.
- Oversees the inventory, ordering, and stocking of office supplies.
- Performs library reference services as needed, including in-person reference, chat, phone, e-mail, or online screen-sharing reference.
- Actively contributes to the library annual strategic planning process.
- Actively participates in ongoing continuing education.
- Serves on university committees as assigned.
- Performs other library duties as assigned.
Education and Qualifications
- Effective proactive leadership and supervisory skills
- Professional communication skills, including strong writing skill
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced environment and adapts easily to change
- Excellent organizational, planning, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to gather and analyze data and write departmental reports
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proactive work ethic and ability to work independently
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Completed high school or passed GED
- 2 years office management or supervisory experience
- Proficient in medical terminology
- 1-year experience working in a library environment
- Associates Degree in a field related to office management
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- R.A. Williams Library, AdventHealth University
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- 671 Winyah Dr
- Institution Name :
- AdventHealth University
- 671 Winyah Dr
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Lillian Castillo
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
To apply, submit an application and resume through the AdventHealth Careers website.