Job: Part-Time Librarian (Contract)
Go back to All Jobs
- Part-Time Librarian (Contract)
- Number position available:
- $50 per hour/$400 per quarter
- Job Category:
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
This position is a contract position, requiring up to eight (8) hours per quarter, of Supervisor of Library Services. The hours of supervision will be approved by the contractor prior to delivery of the services. The subcontracted individual is responsible for the oversight of the institutional library and must provide an inmate law library in compliance with the Florida Administrative Code 33-501.301, DOC's policy 501.301, and ACA standards.
Successful subcontractor has opportunity to provide services to other affiliated correctional institutions in the region (Bay and Blackwater River Correctional Facilities) with additional contracts.
Position oversees onsite Librarian, who is responsible for the following:
Performs overall maintenance of the library to include, ordering, cataloging, classifying, circulation, and maintaining all library periodicals, books, and materials. Provides information and assistance on use of the card catalog. Maintains acquisition of selected books.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains, organizes and supervises the circulation of library materials.
- Supervises and trains detainee library aides.
- Recommends library procedures and regulations for the Center.
- Selects library books, periodicals and materials for purchase. Develops and maintains a balanced collection appropriate to the needs of the assigned detainee population.
- Conducts library inventories. Prepares, maintains and reports appropriate records pertaining to circulation, inventory, newspapers and magazines.
- May conduct library orientation for classes in coordination with instructors.
- Assists in preparation of library budget.
- Prepares and submits special reports as required.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
- Master’s degree in library sciences or related field or provisional/professional Librarian Certification required.
- Minimum of one (1) year work experience and/or training preferred in the operation and maintenance of a small institutional library required. Must have overall knowledge of library operations, procedures, and structures as evidenced in work experience.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.
- Work experience in a correctional setting preferred.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Institutional Libraries
- Special Libraries
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Graceville, Panama City, and Milton.
- Job Location:
- Northwest Florida
- 5168 Ezell Road
- Institution Name :
- Graceville Correctional Facility
- 5168 Ezell Road
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Beth Tate
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Qualified candidates may apply online or submit their resume along with copies of credentials via fax or email.