Job: Librarian Senior - Branch Manager
Go back to All Jobs
- Librarian Senior - Branch Manager
- Number position available:
- $46,833.02 - $84,332.56
- Job Category:
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Lee County Library System, a dynamic, forward thinking organization, is offering enthusiastic, community-minded candidates the opportunity to lead the team and manage operations at the Bonita Springs Public Library. The branch operates with a staff of 10 full-time and 5 part-time employees. The successful candidate will be a self-starter who enthusiastically embraces public library service and demonstrates a positive attitude, good judgement, and a commitment to teamwork.
The Bonita Spring Public Library is located in a new two-story facility with large meeting rooms, balconies, outdoor programming spaces and an automated materials handling system. The City of Bonita Springs is a historically seasonal city, but is increasingly becoming the year-round residence to a large percentage of the population.
The expected hiring salary range for this position is between $46,834.00 - $62,500.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise staff and volunteers and coordinate workflow for effective service delivery.
- Use considerable independent judgment and initiative along with established policies and procedures to assure a competent staff and high quality service to the public.
- Provide stellar customer service by assisting patrons of all ages using Library resources and services, including computers, electronic resources, reference and readers’ advisory.
- Participate in branch specific and system-wide committees as assigned.
- Provide technology training to staff and patrons
- Explain and administer library policies and procedures
- Actively seek and participate in professional development opportunities and stay abreast of emerging technology and trends.
- Communicate and work effectively and tactfully with co-workers, sharing information and working cohesively as a team.
- Interact productively with staff from library administration, library processing, and other branches.
- Relate positively to a diverse population, communicate effectively both orally and in writing, and assist the public directly as an active member of the public service team at the branch.
- Work effectively with the Library Friends group and other community groups.
Requires any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Master’s Degree in Library or Information Science from a graduate library school program accredited by the American Library Association and two years of progressively responsible experience as a professional librarian.
- Prefer a Master’s degree in Library or Information Science from a graduate library school program accredited by the American Library Association.
- Prefer four year(s) related library experience.
- Prefer three year(s) supervisory experience.
- Florida Driver’s License: Required.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
- Spanish speaking is a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills is preferred.
- Demonstrated leadership or management experience and the ability to work independently is preferred.
- Ability to deliver an exemplary customer experience is preferred.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team is preferred.
- Ability to learn and adopt new and emerging technologies is preferred.
- Ability to analyze the needs of the community and to plan, develop and conduct appropriate programs for targeted groups is preferred.
- Ability to engage community partners in the promotion of library programs is preferred.
- Must have knowledge of current professional public library principles, methods, and practices, relevant computer applications, literature for various ages, and have the ability to supervise and direct the work of others.
- Ability to relate positively to a diverse population, including children, teens, and speakers of languages other than English.
- Ability to bend, stretch, sit and stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 35 lbs.
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment such as cash registers, computers, photocopiers, self-check machines, assistive devices and automation equipment.
The County may require employees to make either a temporary, or long-term, permanent transfer to another library location to accommodate the organization's business needs.
This position requires 80 Hours Bi-Weekly; hours and days will vary to include evenings, Saturdays and some Sundays.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: All employees will be required to work before, during, or after an Emergency as needed. During an Emergency, employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Bonita Springs Public Library
- Job Location:
- Southwest Florida
- 10560 Reynolds Street
- Bonita Springs
- Institution Name :
- Lee County Library System
- 2345 Union Street
- Fort Myers
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- D. West
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Lee County is an equal opportunity and at-will employer, Veteran's Preference may apply. Apply at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/leecounty or in person at Lee County Human Resources, 1825 Hendry Street, 2nd Floor, Fort Myers, FL 33902. You may mail your application to Human Resources at PO Box 398, Ft. Myers, FL 33902. Your application must be received in Human Resources BEFORE the posting closes. If Human Resources does not receive your application BEFORE the posting closes, we will NOT be able to consider you for the position and your application will NOT be processed.