This job application is for two positions based on the Bradenton Campus. One position is primarily daytime (Monday-Friday) and the other one is primarily evening (Sunday-Thursday). Both will require flexibility to support coverage at any locations and times as needed. Both positions are contingent upon funding.
1. Provides instruction, reference, liaison, and circulation services as assigned, face-to-face or via online modalities.
2. Provides library support, both face-to-face and online for all SCF and SCFCS students, faculty, staff and community patrons.
3. Develops instructional materials and tools to support the Library’s information literacy instruction curriculum and Library programming activities.
4. Engages in subject liaison and collection development activities, as assigned.
5. Together with other college librarians, and library administration, engages in planning, promotion and delivery of library resources, services, and activities.
6. Together with other college librarians, and library administration, engages in assessment of library resources, services, and activities.
7. Collaborates and fosters collegial relationships with other campus departments and external groups.
8. Supervises the work of library assistants or student workers, as required.
9. Designs and implements library outreach, face to face or online as directed.
10. May be tasked to support or provide college professional development training.
11. May be tasked to serve on college-wide committees and engages in external professional service and/or scholarship.
12. May be asked to oversee the routine operation of any campus library or learning commons during designated hours as needed.
13. Supports the goals and mission of the library and college.
14. Keeps current with professional standards and practices through professional development and continuing education.
15. Performs other duties as assigned.
Master’s degree in Library Science from an ALA accredited institution and two years of academic library experience required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities, but may provide supervision to department staff in the absence of the area supervisor, as required.
Physical address where the job position is located.