The Librarian 2 is the senior level position in the Librarian job family. The Librarian 2 provides professional reference assistance to library patrons, plans a variety of library programs, is responsible for collection development and may assist the circulation desk as needed. This position cooperates with other staff members to meet the needs of the public, community, and the library. The Librarian 2 works with other library staff members and may directly supervise others.
The Digital Services Librarian is responsible for the coordination and provision of digital resources and services, analyzing their use, and recommending resources for purchase of discontinuation. The Librarian will maintain content on the Library’s website, support the Library’s social media presence, ensure active user engagement with online resources. Help with creating and supporting local content; investigating and promoting new methods and tools for presenting content to patrons. Assist with collaborating with librarians and other staff to provide quality digital services; and train and instruct in the use of digital services, technology and promote digital literacy.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
• Provide information and workshops to partners, community groups and other stakeholders about Library services
• Continually evaluate the need for digital resources and technology. Recommend new and improved programs and technology solutions
• Develop and support digitization and digital publishing projects; coordinate with peer, patrons, stakeholders and partners to promote, train and encourage participation
• Contribute to the creation and maintenance of avenues to promote digital resources and services
• Develop, document, and maintain classification, organization, and preservation scheme for digitized content
• Assist in developing the presentation, navigation, and content of digital access for local history and community-based collections
• Utilize a full range of audio, video, and digital technologies to provide content and instruction
• Keep up with library and demographic trends to ensure the library is contemporary and utilizing best practices
• Support the development and delivery of innovative digital experiences and technology-enriched learning in response to community needs
• Contribute to maintaining and enhancing staff intranet (OPAL)
• Oversee website to promote the Library and develop awareness of services and programs; coordinate and maintain content for web and mobile-enabled interactive services that provide quality experience
• Develop and write copy for website, newsletters, brochures, instructions, press releases, etc. on topics and themes as requested
• Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records
An individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
• MLS or MLIS degree required from an ALA accredited library school
• Two or more years librarian experience preferred
• Spanish speaking is desirable, but not required
• Knowledge of and previous use of library databases and services including materials selection tools. Proven experience working with digital resources and/or with digitization projects
• Enthusiasm for learning, experimenting with and teaching new technology-related skills
• Proficiency in MS Office suite including Excel, Word and Powerpoint. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, Content Management Systems, HTML and CSS. Familiarity with Microsoft Office and Mac programs in addition to databases and web software.
• Excellent customer service skills
• Clear, effective communication through all mediums with emphasis on grammar, brevity and accuracy
• Ability to work in a self-directed environment with minimal guidance
• Good organizational, time management and problem-solving skills
• Able to work a flexible schedule including weekdays, evenings and weekends
Equal Opportunity Employer: AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Physical address where the job position is located.