Job: Library Mobile Services Coordinator
Go back to All Jobs
- Library Mobile Services Coordinator
- Number position available:
- $26,915.20 - $41,724.80 Annually
- Job Category:
- Reference & Public Services
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Nature of Work
**Position includes night and weekend shifts**
Develops, delivers, and manages Mobile Library programs and services. Plans, schedules, and conducts Mobile Library visits; communicates with various agencies to coordinate services; schedules library staff and other performers to provide programs for Mobile Library patrons; facilitates circulation of library materials; analyzes usage statistics and makes recommendations for revising scheduled stops as necessary to best meet the needs of the communities served. Also works several hours per week in other library departments. Evenings and weekends required.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Drives the Mobile Library and provides direct public service during regularly scheduled visits and special events.
- Performs a variety of circulation duties: checks books and library materials in and out, processes library card applications, places holds, collects fees for damaged/lost library materials and printing.
- Provides technology instruction to patrons in group or individual sessions. Assists patrons with downloading eBooks and using other digital library resources.
- Provides reference assistance and readers advisory to patrons, either in-person, over the phone, or electronically.
- Develops, presents, and/or arranges for outside performers to provide library programs in accordance with community needs and interests. Sets up tables, supplies, and equipment as needed for programs or outreach activities.
- Works with staff across the library system to coordinate the schedule for Mobile Library Services.
- Communicates with members of the public to promote and schedule Mobile Library services.
- Creates a printed calendar of Mobile Library services and maintains an online version accessible through the library’s website.
- Maintains Mobile Library collections to meet the educational, recreational, and information needs of the community. Makes recommendations for purchases.
- Collects statistics and creates reports of Mobile Library usage, and makes recommendations for schedule and location changes to best meet community needs.
- Ensures the Mobile Library vehicle receives routine maintenance and that the interior and exterior appearance meets library standards.
- Assists with maintaining Mobile Library equipment; troubleshoots and/or coordinates the repair of Mobile Services equipment.
- Assists with grants and other funding opportunities to enhance Mobile Library programs and services.
- Interprets and explains library rules, policies, and procedures to the public.
- Works several hours per week in the Circulation Department, or in other library departments as needed.
- May act as substitute Courier, delivering library materials and mail to other library or non-library locations.
- Regular reliable full time attendance as scheduled.
- The employer may add to or change duties at any time and as determined by the County and its leaders to best ensure that the public is served through the work of the Department.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Associate’s degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and two (2) years’ related experience, or any equivalent combination of related training and experience.
- Must maintain good interpersonal and communication skills to deal with the public.
- Must be able to speak, write, and comprehend the English language.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Bay County Public Library
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- 898 W. 11th Street
- Panama City
- Institution Name :
- Northwest Regional Library System
- 898 W. 11th Street
- Panama City
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Bay County Human Resources Department
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: