Go back to All Jobs
- Number position available:
- Job Category:
- Reference & Public Services
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Under general direction, the Librarian assists library patrons with library resources, provides cataloguing expertise, and provides excellent customer service. Facilitates programs, assists in collection development, provides purchase suggestions, codes and catalogs materials, and promotes the library services to the community.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Essential Functions: -- Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Engages, assists, and guides patrons at the library reference desk; researches and responds to technical or reference inquiries, demonstrates use of library catalog, answers questions, directs patrons to appropriate shelves, and monitors customer activity in the library.
- Supports and ensures the delivery of high-quality customer service; assists in the training of library personnel and volunteers, resolves conflict, delegates volunteer work, and ensures daily duties are completed.
- Researches, develops, and organizes various adult and youth programs; performs outreach projects to community partners to promote library services; develops communications, manages social media outlets, and disburses consistent relevant content and news.
- Facilitates and assists department staff and personnel in the implementation of innovative technologies and customer tools; catalogs, classifies, maintains, and updates the library collection on a regular basis.
- Assists with the implementation of ongoing library services, programs, marketing, and distribution of information; ensures updates to programs, referencing, cataloging, digital resources, and specialty services; conducts various other programming activities for all ages.
- Contributes to Library collection development; weeding of materials, assists with new collection suggestions, and performs ordering and follow up tasks.
- Maintains and monitors the facility to ensure a clean, attractive, accessible, and welcoming space; ensures library is prepared for all performances, events, and other community projects.
- Attends and contributes to numerous weekly, monthly, and annual meetings and serves on various committees; understands and communicates the service area needs to ensure the Library is supporting the community in the best ways possible.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Master's Degree in Library Science, Library & Information Sciences or related field OR a Bachelor's Degree in any field and two (2) years of professional level experience in public school or college library work; OR an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
Minimum Qualifications: Licenses, Certifications, and Equipment: A valid State driver's license is required. This position is required to operate the below equipment, machines, tools, and other work aides: Fax, copier, phone, personal computer, and other equipment as assigned.
Knowledge of –
- Principles of library management including cataloguing and integrated library systems
- Public library systems, services, and programs
- Communications, trends, social media, marketing, and technology
- Computer skills including design programs and spreadsheets
- Library policies and procedures
- Research techniques, sources, and availability of information
- Reporting methods and data delivery
- Project management
- Personnel and volunteer supervision and management
- Customer service principles
Skill in –
- Performing contemporary library programs and services including social media
- Cataloguing and referencing all library materials
- Establishing and maintaining strong and professional relationships
- Coordinating and organizing library programs and services
- Personnel Management and exceptional customer service
- Managing lower level staff and ensuring professional delivery of library services
- Operating a computer, related software, and various library systems
- Conflict resolution
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Clearwater Public Library System
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- 2465 Drew Street
- Institution Name :
- Clearwater Public Library System
- 100 North Osceola Avenue
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- 727-562-4870 ext. 0
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
APPLICATIONS MAY BE FILED ONLINE AT: http://www.myclearwater.com
Click on "Apply for Jobs"
Position # 2021-00014
There is no closing date and position is open for continuous recruitment.