Job: Librarian I - Reference
Go back to All Jobs
- Librarian I - Reference
- Number position available:
- $40,657 - $66,342
- Job Category:
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
SALARY DISCLOSURE/GENERAL DESCRIPTION:
Starting Salary: $40,657.00
Pay Grade: P35
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to the Personnel Policy & Procedure Manual for starting salary information.
Department: Libraries Services
General Description: Professional library work responsible for developing, planning, promoting, coordinating and directing outreach services for the County library system.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: All employees will be required to work before, during, or after an emergency. During an emergency employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Leads systemwide efforts in reaching and serving diverse user populations. Establishes partnerships between the library and other County departments, community organizations and schools. Collaborates with existing partners to provide services and/or promote the library, including but not limited to schools, underrepresented communities, special populations and the business community. Promotes interest in the library as a community resource by visiting and speaking to school, civic, business and social organizations. Serves as the liaison to external community organizations for the purpose of determining needs, building community relations and coordinating outreach projects. Works closely with the library Public Relations and Communications Team to promote programs and events. Receives requests for information. Assists citizens with in-person, telephone and online inquiries. May serve as lead supervisor in branch manager's absence or as directed. Develops and implements library programming and outreach for all ages. Maintains records and statistics. Participates in training and continuing education. performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the principles and methods of professional public library service and operations.
- Knowledge of current print and online reference sources.
- Knowledge of current trends in library services and programs for ages.
- Knowledge of standard library policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of current technologies, and ability to instruct library patrons and staff.
- Ability to learn and apply complex automated procedures and to utilize computer equipment, software and new technologies in performance of day-to-day work.
- Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and manuals, and to apply such instructions to work situations.
- Ability to learn and apply complex policies and procedures and make decisions within the framework of the stated policies and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively with coworkers, supervisors and the public in both oral and written formats.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public.
- Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changes in the library environment.
- Ability to interpret library policies and procedures to the public.
- Ability to utilize business mathematics and business English.
- Ability to work without close supervision.
- Ability to coordinate and supervise the work of assigned staff and volunteers.
- Ability to use judgment in performing library duties.
- Ability to supervise branch operations in branch manager's absence.
- One year of library experience preferred.
- Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and also push or pull heavy objects. may use a handling device (dolly, cart, etc.) o work with another team member to lift and/or move excessively heavy objects. Job requires extended periods of standing, walking, reaching and stooping. Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written and visual communication.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Must possess a Master's Degree in Library Science from a college or university accredited by the American Library Association.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a valid driver's license.
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida law.
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE: Under Section 295.07, F.S., Chapter SSA-7 Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicants.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Hudson Administration
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- 8012 Library Road
- Institution Name :
- Hudson Administration
- 8012 Library Road
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Sandy Geiger
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
TO BE CONSIDERED, YOU MUST APPLY ON-LINE AT PASCOCOUNTYFL.NET