Job: Serials Collection Specialist
Go back to All Jobs
- Serials Collection Specialist
- Number position available:
- Job Category:
- Technical Services
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
With the supervision of the Library Associate Dean, the Serials Collections Specialist is a full-time hourly staff position. The position is responsible for maintaining the Library’s serial electronic and print collections. The successful candidate for this position will be detail-oriented with advanced computer and technology skills, especially in the area of database management. Must be a team player dedicated to excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains digital serials collections (currently numbering almost 200,000 titles) in the catalog by adding and discarding titles based on availability from vendor packages and database holdings. Ensuring serial title accessibility in the catalog and discovery systems (OCLC’s Worldshare Management System (WMS) and WMS Discovery) is the primary responsibility for this position.
- Manages the subscriptions for digital serial packages and individual serial titles, including renewals, invoicing, and subscription tracking
- Maintains print journal collections including renewals, annual invoicing, subscription tracking, and stack maintenance
- Troubleshoots connectivity issues for titles in electronic serials collections and databases
- Proactively tests electronic serials accessibility for subscribed titles and packages
- Provides backup support for other library technology issues, such as web design, WMS system maintenance, and library proxy issues (EZProxy).
- Works cooperatively with other areas in the library, such as the Information Desk and the Stetson Archives. May be required to work on a regular basis in support of these library areas or other library areas as assigned
- Other duties may be assigned in support of the library’s mission
THE DUPONT-BALL LIBRARY: The duPont-Ball Library (stetson.edu/library) has a collection of approximately 250,000 print volumes and a large collection of electronic journals, databases, and e-books, as well as a collection of scores and recordings in support of the School of Music. The library staff includes eight library faculty members and 16 support staff. The library houses a Student Success Center, a Writing Center, and an Innovation Lab.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Strong interpersonal skills to facilitate effective work with a large and diverse faculty, staff, and student body
- Detail-oriented, self-motivated, goal and task-oriented
- Excellent computer skills; familiarity with Microsoft Office, especially Excel
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- Experience using databases, such as WorldShare Management System (WMS) or other integrated library system
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Stetson University, DeLand
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- 421 N. Woodland Blvd.
- Address 2:
- duPont-Ball Library
- Institution Name :
- Stetson University
- 421 N. Woodland Blvd.
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Human Resources, DeLand Campus
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Apply online at https://stetson-openhire.silkroad.com/epostings/index.cfm?fuseaction=app.jobInfo&version=1&jobid=572