- Library Operations Manager 1
- Number position available:
- TBD based on experience
- Job Category:
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Library Systems & Services (LS&S) is seeking a full time Library Operations Manager for the new Homestead Cybrarium in Homestead, Florida. The primary responsibility is overseeing the circulation staff, providing excellent customer service handling and overseeing the opening of accounts, placing holds, cash handling, processing materials, invoices and problem-solving patron accounts. The Library Operations Manager will also be involved with enriching the community by providing access to and assistance in acquiring information needed for self-directed personal growth, satisfying leisure experiences, and cultural understanding. This position will report to the Library Director.
Scheduled to open Q4 2020, the Cybrarium will cover two floors of a four-floor mixed use entertainment and community center known as Homestead Station in Miami-Dade County. The Cybrarium will bring excitement to the library, literacy, and learning by using innovations like virtual reality. The Cybrarium will feature a Virtual Reality Cube, Book Mountain, and a pop-up Children’s Theatre.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
• Liaise with internal staff at all levels
• Supervise Library Associates which includes managing performance, evaluation, interviewing/hiring, training and approving timesheets
• Oversee monthly report statistics
• Facilitate new hire and termination process with HR
• Accounting – maintain account receivables and expenses; this includes payment of invoices, credit card coding, check requests, petty cash disbursement, and review expense reports, provide supporting receipts, update and manage multiple budgets
• Assist and provide administrative services such as attending committee meetings, coordinating preparation of manuals and coordinating other training and meetings
• Maintain staff schedules, records, files and calendars
• Maintain circulation records and oversee the mailing of materials to patrons in homebound or other programs
• Assist in the preparation of correspondences and reports such as monthly library statistics, monthly database statistics, and the yearly state library report
• Collect and organize data for various grants and projects as required
• Order facility supplies, business cards and name badges as needed
• Assist the Director with additional tasks as needed
An individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
• Bachelor degree required. ALA accredited MLS or MLIS degree preferred.
• Previous administrative duties required with a minimum of two years of experience as an Administrator or office related experience preferred.
• Detail oriented, have excellent communication skills and able to multitask
• Strong technology skills, including being proficient in Microsoft Office (Including Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook) and will need to become an expert in the Library’s ILS (e.g. Polaris)
• Be organized, possess strong writing skills, ability to multitask • Ability to work well independently or as a team
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly preferred
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and to maintain focus on projects such as computer screens or detailed paperwork.
- Occasionally lift, push/pull, hold/carry of items weighing up to twenty-five (25) pounds such as files, books, and other materials.
LS&S is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the only standards for the position. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description is subject to change at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Homestead Cybrarium
- Job Location:
- Southeast Florida
- 80 West Mowry Drive
- Institution Name :
- Homestead Cybrarium
- 80 West Mowry Drive
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Chelsea Johnson
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply