- Archivist III
- Number position available:
- $58,700 - $73,500
- Job Category:
- Special Collections
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Under moderate supervision, the Archivist III performs professional level responsibilities encompassing library science, archival work, information management, and information technology. This position may perform work related to public services, technical services, systems, or archives. Public services responsibilities may include the provision of reference, research and educational services to faculty, staff, students, patients and others. Technical services responsibilities may include acquisitions, collection development, cataloging, database/electronic resource access and/or serials management in support of the Mayo Clinic Library system. Archival responsibilities may include development, processing, description, digitization and preservation of archival materials. Staff may also develop catalogs, manage accession/deaccession, and contribute expertise to the institution’s collections plan. The Archivist III may have supervisory responsibilities within a service area or a branch library, and may have project planning responsibilities. Depending on library setting, the Archivist III may direct work unit activity in the absence of the supervisor.
Participates on at least one library committee or task force. Occasionally provides input and assists in developing policy and decision making to support the Mayo Clinic Library system. May perform other tasks that support services, maintain workload, or provide coverage in the work unit or elsewhere in the libraries.
- Identify, acquire and preserve Mayo Clinic in Florida archival collections, faculty, employee and benefactor materials, and institutional records, in physical and digital formats.
- Provide reference services and serve as primary contact for inquiries regarding Mayo Clinic in Florida history.
- Proactively collaborate with Mayo Clinic departments to advance the management of records and advise on records preservation.
- Preserve history of Mayo Clinic in Florida through collection and management of written and oral histories.
- Coordinate events and activities that enhance the Mayo Clinic historical collection.
- Collaborate with other Mayo Clinic archivists and historical unit personnel to coordinate promotion and access to Mayo Clinic collections and develop resources to support academic study and research.
- Participate in outreach services, including development and coordination of exhibits and lectures for faculty, staff, students, patients and others.
- Collaborate with technical services and digital archivists to develop strategic approaches to description, metadata, and born-digital collections.
- May have oversight for the work of volunteer staff, students or interns in support of Mayo Clinic archive or historical unit projects.
- Participate on various library and institutional committees as assigned.
- Commitment to participate in relevant continuing education, in person or electronically.
Please upload a cover letter, resume or CV and a list of 3 - 5 professional references. Review of applications will begin immediately and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Minimum Education and/or Experience Required:
Master’s degree from an ALA accredited institution or equivalent archival degree.
Library/archives experience, particularly work experience in a health sciences or scientific research library or institutional archive. Requires 3 years of experience as Librarian II or comparable professional library experience.
Basic level knowledge in the following areas: information services, information management, instruction and instructional design, leadership and management, evidence-based practice and research, and health information professionalism.
Expert level knowledge in one or more of the following areas: information services, information management, instruction and instructional design, leadership and management, evidence-based practice and research, and health information professionalism.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Demonstrated initiative, good judgment, flexibility, and common sense
- Commitment to excellent customer service and quality improvement
- Ability to work well in a team-based and self-directed work environment
- Willingness to independently accomplish special projects
- Commitment to career development and relevant continuing education
Preferred Experience and/or Qualifications:
- Certified Archivist and/or Digital Archives Specialist training or certification from the Society of American Archivists;
- Experience with institutional, society, university archives or museum collections
- Event planning experience
- Teaching experience
- An additional advanced degree in a subject area pertinent to the position
- History of relevant scholarly publications or presentations
- Record of professional association participation or community service
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Academic Libraries
- Institutional Libraries
- Special Libraries
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Mayo Clinic, Medical Library
- Job Location:
- Northeast Florida
- Mayo Clinic
- Address 2:
- 4500 San Pablo Road S
- Institution Name :
- Mayo Clinic
- 4500 San Pablo Road S
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Tara Brigham
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
To apply for this position, use Mayo Clinic's online application system linked here: https://apply.mayoclinic.org/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25309&siteid=5278&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=2719304