Summary of Position
Florida International University Libraries seeks an enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and innovative individual to serve as the Electronic Resources Librarian. This position provides leadership and expertise in electronic resources acquisitions and management and assists the Associate Dean for Technical Services with all aspects of the life cycle of e-resources, including purchasing licensing, access, maintenance, and assessment of all electronic materials.
This is a non-tenure track position reporting to the Associate Dean for Technical Services. The position also works collaboratively with the Collection Development Librarian, Acquisitions and Cataloging teams, subject selectors; University Procurement; and external vendors, publishers, and consortia. The librarian will participate in professional and scholarly activity as well as serve on library and university faculty committees.
· Manages and negotiates license agreements and contract renewals with both internal and external constituents.
· Manages library collection contracts as a contract manager by utilizing the University software- Total Contract Manager (TCM).
· Manages electronic journal subscriptions and renewals.
· Leads the Serials Team to develop and maintain serials acquisitions and management workflows in Ex Libris Alma to provide effective user-centered e-collection services.
· Supervises the Serials Team a group of 4-5 staff and 1 librarian.
· Provides training and guidance to the team to ensure the team stays abreast of current trends and best practices.
· Develops and maintains policies, procedures, and documentation for serials management.
· Works closely with library consortia to manage shared electronic collections and print serials.
· Participates in departmental and Library projects and initiatives as needed.
Scholarship, Service, & Professional Development
· Participates in continuing education, conference, workshops, seminars, or other activities that enhance professional knowledge.
· Contributes to the profession through active participation in professional associations, research, or other scholarly activities
· Serves the library and institution through participation in meetings and committee work.
· Desired Qualifications:
· Minimum of two to five years of recent professional experience in academic library, especially in acquisitions, serials control, electronic resources management, and/or license preparation.
· Experience working with electronic resources tools such as Ex Libris Alma, OpenAthens, knowledgebases, ERM, Consortia Manager.
· Experience reading, managing, and negotiating information license agreements.
· Record of scholarly and professional activity illustrating a desire to advance the profession, especially in the area of technical services
· Evidence of leadership and management skills.
Physical address where the job position is located.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply to Job Opening ID 522945 at https://facultycareers.fiu.edu/ and attach a cover letter and curriculum vitae as a single pdf file. Candidates will be requested to provide names and contact information for at least three references who will be contacted as determined by the search committee. To receive full consideration, applications and required materials should be received by March 16, 2021. Review will continue until position is filled.