Salary Disclosure/General Description:
Starting Salary: $42,690
Pay Grade: P36
Current Pasco County Employees: Please refer to the Personnel Policy and Procedure Manual for starting salary information.
General Description: Plans, develops, and conducts hands-on learning programs in library makerspace. Coordinates and manages day-to-day operations of makerspace.
Emergency Response/Recovery Activities: All employees will be required to work before, during or after an emergency. During an emergency, employees may temporarily be assigned to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the county and its citizens.
Essential Job Functions:
* Plans, develops, implements and delivers hands-on learning opportunities for the general public, with a focus on STEM/STEAM, computer science, studio arts, pottery arts, textile arts, performing and theatre arts, etc.
* Develops educational materials and promotes makerspace activities.
* Recruits and coordinates volunteers and community organizations to assist in planning, developing and implementing makerspace activities and programs within the community.
* Coordinates and manages day-to-day operations of makerspace, including related logistical tasks such as scheduling, setup, breakdown, supplies, etc.
* Keeps apprised of monthly events, via reservation software, and coordinates scheduled activities with public's use of the facilities to ensure the enjoyment of all involved.
* Maintains records related to makerspace usage and provides status reports related to tasks. Works closely with Regional Branch Manager, Branch Manager and Libraries Public Services on makerspace-related projects. Works independently and as part of a larger creative team.
* Assists with maintaining basic written records, data collection and reports pertaining to daily and weekly activities. Helps keep supervision and administration informed orally and in writing.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
* Knowledge of techniques for developing hands-on learning programs and activities for adults, children and the general public.
* Knowledge of arts disciplines, principles, practices, techniques and methods, including but not limited to studio arts, textile arts, pottery arts, performing and theatre arts, computer science, etc.
* Ability to effectively manage time.
* Ability to organize and conduct programs and events and evaluate program results.
* Ability to develop visual aids and other instructional materials and present to the general public.
* Ability to courteously and respectfully work with the public.
* Ability to successfully interact with students, other educators and educational institution representatives and the general public in a professional manner.
* Skill in speaking before groups and conducting demonstrations and tours.
* Must be able to work a flexible schedule that may include days, nights, weekends and holidays.
Physical Skills: Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and also push or pull heavy objects. May use a handling device (dolly, cart, etc.) or work with another team member to lift and/or move excessively heavy objects. Job requires walking, standing, sitting, bending, stooping and reaching. Requires use of a video display monitor, keyboard and mouse. Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written and visual communication.
Education, Training and Experience: Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university with a Bachelor's Degree with major coursework in fine arts, performing arts, studio arts or closely related field. Two (2) years' of experience in arts or educational program planning and implementation.
Licenses, Certifications or Registrations: Must possess a valid driver's license.
ADA Statement: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Amercans with Disabilties Act.
Drug-Free Workplace: Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida Law.
Veteran's Preference: Under Section 295.07, F.S., Chapter SSA-7, Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible applicants.
Physical address where the job position is located.
TO BE CONSIDERED YOU MUST APPLY AT PASCOCOUNTYFL.NET