General Description: Professional library work responsible for developing, coordinating and administering training programs for new and existing employees in the County library system.
EMERGENCY RESPONSE/RECOVERY ACTIVITIES: All employees will be required to work before, during or after an emergency. During an emergency, employee may temporarily be assiged to work and perform duties outside the normal scope of their position, location and work schedule to fit the needs of the County and its citizens.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Develops, coordinates and presents training and development for library staff that ensures a high level of competency as it relates to current trends in library services. Provides direct training on the Integrated Library System (ILS). Supports branch staff in their delivery of reader's advisory and technology instruction. Maintains a repository of training materials for staff on the library intranet. Develops and coordinates library orientation for new staff. Develops online training materials on basic library procedures and skills for staff. Works effectively with Library administration and other managers, supervisor, or coordinators to identify training needs. Assesses and evaluates effectiveness of training methods. Plans, analyzes and evaluates library services and operations; recommends and takes appropriate action. Actively participates in fulfilling system-wide goals and implementing policies. Participates in the selection and training of subordinate staff and professionals and evaluates their performance. Interprets goals and policies to subordinate staff and to patrons and individuals outside the library. Represents the Library at meetings, conferences, presentations and workshops. Participates in training and continuing education. Prepares reports and publications. Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge of the principles and methods of professional public library services and operations
* Knowledge of current trends in library services and emerging technology
* Knowledge of standard library policies and procedures
* Knowledge of supervisory techniques and practices
* Ability to develop, coordinate, conduct and evaluate training programs and activities
* Ability to learn and apply complex automated procedures and to utilize computer equipment, software and new technologies in performance of day-to-day work
* Ability to understand and follow complex oral and written instructions and manual and to apply such instruction to work situations
* Ability to learn and apply complex policies and procedures and make decision within the framwork of the stated policies and procedures
* Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, supervisors and the public in both oral and written formats
* Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, other agencies and the public
* Ability to work in a team environment and adapt to changes in the library environment
* Ability to motivate, develop, train and direct assigned staff
* Ability to interpret library policies, procedures and goals to co-workers and the public
* Ability to utilize business mathematics and business English
* Ability to work without close supervision
* Ability to use judgement in performing library duties
* Must be able to work evenings and weekends
PHYSICAL SKILLS: Ability to lift and/or move up to 35 pounds and push or pull heavy objects. May use a handling device (dolly, cart, etc.) or work with another team member to lift and/or move excessively heavy objects. Requires frequent standing, walking, reaching and stooping. Ability to communicate effectively using verbal, written and visual communications.
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Must possess a Master's Degree in Library Science from a college or university accredited by the American Library Association. Experience with library automation systems and/or personal computers and software including database and/or Internet experience. Three (3) years of professional library experience as a librarian in a public library system including two (2) years supervisory experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS OR REGISTRATIONS: Must possess a valid driver's license.
ADA STATEMENT: A qualified employee or applicant with a disability may be afforded a reasonable accommodation to perform the essential job functions of a position in compliance with the Americans Disabillities Act.
DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE: Pasco County BOCC is a drug-free workplace in accordance with Federal and Florida law.
VETERANS' PREFERENCE: Under Section 295.07, F.S., Chapter SSA-7, Pasco County BCC provides to Veterans, that preference in appointment will be given to preference-eligible.
Physical address where the job position is located.
TO BE CONSIDERED, YOU MUST APPLY ONLINE AT PASCOCOUNTYFL.NET