The Macdonald-Kelce Library at The University of Tampa has an opening for a Systems and Web Services Librarian. The Systems and Web Services Librarian provides support for multiple Macdonald-Kelce Library software and web packages while working collaboratively with library staff to maintain quality online services and resources. In addition, this position provides Reference services and occasional bibliographic instruction for the Library and reports to the Director of the Library.
1. Create & optimize library website and other public interfaces to ensure adherence to accessibility standards, assess usability, provide consistent branding, and incorporate new technologies as appropriate.
2. Administer online databases and associated middleware (EZproxy).
3. Troubleshoot and resolve complex connectivity problems related to authentication, network and IP issues, database and e-journal changes, vendor platform migrations, and other related tasks as needed.
4. Recommend new technology applications, lead and manage implementation, and work with Institutional Repository to maintain and upgrade system.
5. Work with Digital Access Librarian to maintain and improve the library’s discovery system (Summon), Head of Acquisitions and Metadata to maintain and improve ILS (Voyager), link resolver, and with the Institutional Repository (Dspace).
6. Perform assessment of library technologies and web services, including statistical usage of electronic resources. Use data analytics, EZproxy and others to conduct and evaluate the effectiveness, usability, and accessibility of current user interfaces and identify opportunities for improvements.
7. Monitor Listservs and other information sources to stay informed on the latest developments to appropriate library applications.
8. Maintain working knowledge of library and web technology, best practices, and proficiency in maintaining library systems (Springshare, Voyager, Worldshare, EZproxy, etc.).
9. Monitor trends in emerging technologies and recommend and/or implement new initiatives as appropriate.
10. Provide reference services and teach occasional bibliographic instruction classes. Create and/or post user guides, videos, and tutorials.
11. Serve on university and library committees as appropriate. Pursue personal professional development.
12. Act as a Library liaison to college departments and manage collection development for departments assigned.
13. Other duties, as assigned.
14. Contribute to a work environment that encourages knowledge of, respect for, and development of skills to engage with those of other cultures and backgrounds.
• Knowledge of integrated library systems, EZproxy, authentication protocols, interlibrary loan, and content management systems.
• Familiarity with website accessibility standards and guidelines.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to foster effective working relationships with faculty, students and library colleagues.
• Flexibility and ability to exercise sound judgment.
• Self-directed and self-motivated learner with ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in groups.
• Ability and commitment to serve a diverse, multicultural student body in a student-centered setting.
• Model behaviors consistent with University's Core Values: Trust, Integrity, Community & Service.
• Must be able to respect, support, and contribute to the University's and Library's mission.
• Knowledge of or the ability to learn quickly The University of Tampa software programs such as Workday and Microsoft Office.
• Willingness to embrace new technologies and innovative organizational practices.
• Knowledge of metadata schema such as MARC, Dublin Core, METS, MODS or EAD.
• Experience with a digital archive system.
• Familiarity with the Springshare platform.
• Experience providing reference and instruction.
• Experience with at least one programming or scripting language, preferably PHP/MySQL.
• Experience working with outside parties, such as vendors and university information technology.
• Experience administering an integrated library system, preferably ExLibris.
Physical address where the job position is located.
On the University of Tampa website go to the Human Resources Department or go directly by using the following link https://utampa.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Staff/job/Tampa/Systems-and-Web-Services-Librarian_R0005321-1