You reach into the community to connect people to knowledge and resources to amplify learning and build a stronger community. You are a champion of libraries, eager to expand services beyond the traditional. You invent and implement engaging community-driven classes and events that meet people where they are. Naturally friendly, you are knowledgeable on all Library operations and respected for your ability to make members thrilled about the Library.
Ready to join our dynamic team and help us extend the Library beyond our doors?You reach into the community to connect people to knowledge and resources
Who you are:
- You seek to build relationships and make meaningful connections.
- You are an active listener with lots of patience; you’re intuitive to people’s needs.
- You love people! Meeting them, working with them, and communicating with them meaningfully. You engage well with others and are passionate about providing exemplary customer service.
- You’re an innovative collaborator, skilled in identifying the needs and solutions to take our Library above and beyond.
- You’re a team player who thinks quickly on their feet.
- You’re excited about the prospect of growing and learning in a changing environment.
- You inspire fun in the people around you.
Work you’ll love:
- You develop and conduct classes, workshops, presentations, events, and participatory experiences for our members out in the community.
- You represent the Library at events, meetings or on community boards.
- You “pedal” our books around town via our Book Bike mobile library.
- You’re the mind behind the development, ongoing maintenance, and marketing of various Library outreach projects.
- You make connections; you invite and collaborate with partners to bring our Library and members exciting resources or learning opportunities.
- You reach out to the community, and ensure the community knows what we have to offer!
- You’re an explorer; you get out into the community and help members with their journey wherever they are, whether unable to leave their home or at school or work.
- You’ve got an eye for content; you select materials for designated collections.
- You are a leader, happily taking on responsibilities, including person in charge or staff trainer.
- You keep up-to-date on the latest engagement practices, procedures, and trends.
- You do the right thing. Every decision you make and action you take is an opportunity to demonstrate our collective integrity.
Your job will involve being “on the move” in our library and community: You need to stand, walk, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb, push/pull up to 50 pounds, and lift up to 25 pounds. This position must also be able to operate our Book Bike, a three-wheeled bicycle with attached cart.
We strive to be:
- A safe gathering space for all in our community to share ideas and experience learning
- A primary partner in family education
- A trusted community resource
- A place where innovation and creativity are embraced
- A model library in our industry
What are the benefits? For full-time employees, you'll be eligible for medical, dental, and vision insurance, our 401K and 4% employer match, as well as holidays and generous paid time off. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why Winter Park Library? A job with us is a chance to use your knowledge and experience to enable transformations every day. You will be instrumental in guiding learning, connecting people, and strengthening our community, whether that’s helping members learn a new language, attend lectures and classes, research home buying, or begin a new journey. As you help and inspire others, you will also be inspired.
This opportunity comes ahead of opening a new multi-million-dollar state-of-the-art library and events center in Winter 2021. You will bring a strong vision for the future of this exciting project.
to amplify learning and build a stronger community. You are a champion of
libraries, eager to expand services beyond the traditional. You invent and
implement engaging com
munity-driven classes and events that meet people
where they are. Naturally friendly, you are knowledgeable on all Library
operations and respected for your ability to make members thrilled about the
Ready to join our dynamic team and help us extend the Library beyond our
Physical address where the job position is located.