Job: Support Services Specialist - Digitization
Go back to All Jobs
- Support Services Specialist - Digitization
- Number position available:
- $33,750.48 Annually
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Do you want to earn four weeks off during your first year of employment? Do you want low and no cost health insurance options? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to complete your application now. Work for the city you love!!!
The Jacksonville Public Library is actively seeking a Support Services Specialist.
Did you know that as a City of Jacksonville employee, you would also have 11 paid holidays and a personal leave day as well? In addition, to health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and flexible spending plans are also available. City of Jacksonville employees are also eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness after 10 years of public service and on-time payments.
This is professional library work performing library systems applications support or digitized library collections support or collection development support. The work requires knowledge of techniques, methods and procedures used in the planning, support and maintenance of library collections, or digitized collections or software applications and peripherals specific to library operations as well as a basic understanding of data analysis and reporting. Supports the overall mission of the Library by providing customer service in a manner that creates a positive customer experience. Contacts with others require skills in understanding and/or influencing people and are important in providing client services, including skills of persuasiveness, assertiveness, and sensitivity to others point of view that are required to influence behavior, change an opinion, or turn a situation around. The work is standardized in that tasks are covered by substantially diversified procedures and specialized standards, and because of the changing priorities, or different situations, incumbents have the latitude to consider which of the many procedures or standards should be followed and in what sequence. The work involves differing situations requiring use of judgment in search for solutions or new applications within ones' known experiences. The work is performed mainly in an office environment, but field work may be required at branch libraries. After hours and on-call duty are occasionally required depending on assignment. The physical demands of this position consist mainly of moving from one work location to another, sitting or standing at a workstation for extended periods of time, walking, bending, stooping, pushing, pulling, reaching, and squatting, using standard office and library equipment on an ongoing basis, and may be required to lift objects weighing up to 25 pounds and push loaded book trucks or dollies up to 50 pounds. The work is performed under general supervision where the work assignments are varied and, although subject to standard practices and procedures, the worker is permitted some latitude to set own priorities subject to superior's approval.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a preferred concentration in information science, information technology or other related field and
- Two years of experience in evaluating and maintaining personal computers, peripherals, and data analysis.
- Or depending on assignment, a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a preferred concentration in information science, or other related field and two years of experience in photography, library, or archival digitization.
- Or depending on assignment, a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution with a preferred concentration in literature, information science or other related field and two years of experience in publishing and/or knowledge of collections gained by reference/reader’s advisory.
Experience in a library setting is preferred.
- A combination of education and/or experience in the specific area must have been obtained within five years of applying for this position.
- A valid driver’s license is required prior to appointment and must be maintained during the employment in this class.
- Must obtain and maintain during employment in this class a City of Jacksonville Certification as a Public Driver.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Jacksonville Public Library
- Job Location:
- Northeast Florida
- 303 N. Laura Street
- Institution Name :
- City of Jacksonville
- 117 W. Duval Street
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Employee Services
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
To be considered for this position apply atwww.coj.net/jobs.