Job: Senior Manager Library Collections
Go back to All Jobs
- Senior Manager Library Collections
- Number position available:
- $67,995.53 - $77,053.44 Annually
- Job Category:
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Do you want to earn four weeks off during your first year of employment? Do you want low and no cost health insurance options? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to complete your application now. Work for the city you love!!!
The Public Library is actively seeking a Senior Manager Library Collections.
Did you know that as a City of Jacksonville employee, you would also have 11 paid holidays and a personal leave day as well? In addition, to health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and flexible spending plans are also available. City of Jacksonville employees are also eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness after 10 years of public service and on-time payments.
This position reports to the Deputy Director for Support Services and provides system-wide leadership, vision and strategic direction for the development, preservation, and management of the library’s physical, digital, and digitized collections.
Open Requirements/Supplemental Information:
- A Master’s Degree or higher from an American Library Association accredited program.
- Six years progressively responsible experience in collection development in a public library system.
- Two years of direct supervisory/management experience.
- Experience working with centralized collection management.
- Familiarity with metadata schema, digital platforms, and discovery tools.
- Comfort and experience with the use of analytical data to make quicker and better decisions that facilitate the achievement of objectives, goals, and outcomes.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and communication skills that foster a creative approach to balancing risk and reward in problem solving.
- Ability to develop departmental goals and a plan that help fulfill the library’s strategic goals.
- Uses metrics and statistics to assess the effectiveness of the collection and related services.
- Accurately anticipates the implications of decisions for various stakeholders and plans accordingly.
- Establishes structures and processes to plan and manage the orderly implementation of change.
- Adaptive and responsive management style with triage skills to quickly prioritize tasks.
- Recognizes and encourages behaviors that contribute to teamwork.
- Supports assigned staff in establishing and achieving goals. With an eye to detail, guarantees high quality results from self and assigned staff.
- Ability to relate well and build appropriate rapport and relationships with a variety of people in all levels of the organization, as well as people outside the organization.
- Adeptly manages change, comfortably shifts gears, and manages risk and uncertainty.
- Decisive and results oriented even when without having the total picture.
- Addresses and resolves conflict equitably, seeking common ground and cooperation when possible.
- Skilled at reading situations and focusing attention to gain understanding and prompt results. Uses diplomacy and tact; diffuses high tension situations comfortably.
- Recognizes and understands the organization’s culture.
- Understands and is able to effectively communicate the origin and reasoning behind key policies, practices, and procedures.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Jacksonville Public Library
- Job Location:
- Northeast Florida
- 303 N. Laura Street
- Institution Name :
- City of Jacksonville
- 117 W. Duval Street
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Employee Services
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
Apply at www.coj.net/jobs.