Job: Assistant Director of Finance and Administration - Public Library
Go back to All Jobs
- Assistant Director of Finance and Administration - Public Library
- Number position available:
- $84,085.97 - $87,362.04 Annually
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Do you want to earn four weeks off during your first year of employment? Do you want low and no cost health insurance options? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to complete your application now. Work for the city you love!!!
The Public Library is actively seeking an Assistant Director of Finance and Administration.
Did you know as a City of Jacksonville employee, you would also have 11 paid holidays and a personal leave day as well? In addition, to health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and flexible spending plans are also available.
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited institution in Business, Public Administration, or Accounting.
- Six (6) years of professional experience in financial and budgetary analysis and
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Must be able to work with a large and diverse workforce.
- Requires a thorough understanding of budgeting and financing of large organizations.
Master’s Degree in a related area is preferred.
- Future-oriented, can articulate a vision of possibilities and likelihood of their success.
- Has broad knowledge and perspective.
- Experience with managing or guiding innovative solutions from idea generation and planning stages through implementation.
- Highly skilled at developing staff at all levels. Able to foster succession planning strategies that allow assigned team members to reach or exceed potential.
- Can inspire and motivate entire units of the organization, ability to communicate a compelling and inspired vision as well as a sense of purpose.
- Ability to ensure for the completeness and accuracy of assigned departments’ work.
- Adeptly manages change, comfortably shifts gears, and manages risk and uncertainty. Decisive and action oriented without having the total picture.
- Ability to effectively present in a variety of formal settings - one on one, group, peers, direct reports, etc. Command attention and manage group process.
- Adaptive and responsive management style with triage skills to quickly prioritize tasks.
- Strong analytical, conceptual and communication skills that foster a creative approach to balancing risk and reward in problem-solving.
- Ability to relate well and build appropriate rapport and relationships with a variety of people in all levels of the organization, as well as people outside the organization.
- Skilled at reading situations quickly and focusing attention to gain understanding of conflict situations and prompt results. Uses diplomacy and tact and can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- A valid driver's license is required prior to application and must be maintained during employment in this class.
- Must qualify prior to application, obtain and maintain during employment a City of Jacksonville Public Driver Certification.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Jacksonville Public Library
- Job Location:
- Northeast Florida
- 303 N. Laura Street
- Institution Name :
- City of Jacksonville
- 117 W. Duval Street
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Employee Services
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
An online application is required. Apply at www.coj.net/jobs.