Job: Cataloging Librarian Supervisor
Go back to All Jobs
- Cataloging Librarian Supervisor
- Number position available:
- $47,148.90 Annually
- Job Category:
- Position REQUIRES a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
The Jacksonville Public Library is actively seeking a Cataloging Librarian Supervisor.
Do you want to earn four weeks off during your first year of employment? Do you want low and no cost health insurance options? If you answered yes to any of these questions, you need to complete your application now. Work for the city you love!!!
Did you know as a City of Jacksonville employee, you would also have 11 paid holidays and a personal leave day as well? In addition, to health insurance, dental, vision, life insurance and flexible spending plans are also available. City of Jacksonville employees are also eligible for Federal Student Loan Forgiveness after 10 years of public service and on-time payments.
This is advanced professional librarian work at the supervisor level in planning, organizing, and coordinating the work of an assigned unit and performing extensive specialized library work.
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited institution in Library Science from an American Library Association accredited program,
- Four years of progressively responsible professional library work, with at least three of those years in cataloging and/or digitization and
- Two years of supervisory experience.
- Depending on assignment, a valid driver's license may be required and must be maintained during employment in this class.
- Depending on assignment, must qualify for prior to appointment, obtain, and maintain during employment a City of Jacksonville Public Driver Certification.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Jacksonville Public Library
- Job Location:
- Northeast Florida
- 303 N. Laura Street
- Institution Name :
- City of Jacksonville
- 117 W. Duval Street
- Address 2:
- 117 W. Duval Street
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Employee Services Department
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply
A FULLY COMPLETED ONLINE APPLICATION IS REQUIRED. Apply at https://www.coj.net/jobs. A copy of your resume and college transcript are required with your application. Work history is required for all employment/volunteer work in which qualifications are being based. When meeting/basing qualifications on education, a copy of your college transcript, with your social blacked out, is required with your application. Transcripts do not need to be official, but must state your name, the school name, classes taken, grades received, type of degree, and date degree was conferred.