Ringling College of Art and Design seeks an enthusiastic, collegial, and service-oriented Circulation Assistant to provide information and circulation services at the Alfred R. Goldstein Library Service Point. The Circulation Assistant performs front-line user support services, including circulation, reserves, stacks maintenance, scanner support, and other library operations, including collection development and research support services, as well as special projects as needed/assigned.
Starting in August 2021, this position is part-time during the academic year with a minimum of 20-25 hours per week with some holiday hours as needed. Expected work hours are: Sunday-Tuesday 4-11pm.
• Bachelor’s degree
• Expertise with personal computers and peripherals for desktop applications
• Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work flexibly and creatively with students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds
• Ability to enhance and support a diverse learning and working environment
• Ability to work with computers, both visually and dexterously.
• Hearing and speaking abilities to communicate effectively with patrons while serving on the circulation and reference desks.
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds and reach shelving heights up to six feet with ladder assistance.
• Educational background in Studio Art, Design, Art History, or Humanities discipline
• One year of experience in library setting or equivalent customer services work environment
• Both PC and Mac expertise
Physical address where the job position is located.
Apply through https://ringling.simplehire.com/postings/3084
Required Documents: Cover Letter and Resume