Job: Branch Manager
Go back to All Jobs
- Branch Manager
- Number position available:
- TBD based on experience
- Job Category:
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Library Systems & Services seeks a full-time Branch Manager for the West Osceola Library of the Osceola Library System, located in the community of Celebration, minutes from Disney and I-4, and close to Space Coast beaches, Orlando and the Four Corners area.
The Branch Manager will oversee the day-to day-operations of the West Osceola Library, a bustling branch that serves the booming west side of Osceola County, beyond the Celebration town borders. The Branch Manager supports the Library’s mission and values through exceptional leadership and dedicated patron focus, ensures that branch operations are executed effectively and efficiently, encourages staff contributions and development, and supports a fun and supportive work atmosphere. The Branch Manager will lead a team of library staff who are committed to creating a thriving library in the heart of their community, build a strong partnership with Osceola Library patrons, ensure the library is a welcoming space for all and contribute to the overall success of the Library System.
Position Responsibilities and Expectations
- An individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily
- Demonstrate a willingness to be flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency
- Understand ethical behavior and business practices, and ensure that own behavior and the behavior of others is consistent with these standards and aligns with the values of the organization
- Establish and maintain positive working relationships with others, both internally and externally, to achieve the goals of the organization
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques
- Develop new and unique ways to improve operations of the library and to create new opportunities
- Work cooperatively and effectively with others to set goals, resolve problems, and make decisions that enhance organizational effectiveness
- Positively influence others to achieve results that are in the best interest of the organization
- Assess situations to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization
- Set priorities, develop a work schedule, monitor progress towards goals, and track details, data, information and activities
- Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals, create and implement actions plans, and evaluate the process and results• Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations and/or resolve the problem
- Assess situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations for resolution
- Oversee scheduling, training, and professional development; create and sustain excellent internal and external relationships with community groups and organizations collaborating with the library
- Work closely with Zone Managers and Director to plan, implement and promote the library strategic plan
- Know, understand and administer the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library; in addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local library.
- Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records.
An individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
- MLIS preferred, BA/BS required
- Three years supervisory experience preferred
- Three years of progressively responsible library managerial experience and/or administrative functions of a library, or equivalent knowledge preferred
- Experience in a role that requires frequent interaction with patrons or customers and responsibility for addressing and resolving complex issues, questions and suggestions preferred
- Experience analyzing and applying financial reports and library related data (usage, demographics, trends, etc.) preferred
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and to maintain focus on projects such as computer screens or detailed paperwork
- Occasionally lift, push/pull, hold/carry of items weighing up to twenty-five (25) pounds such as files, books, and other materials.
LS&S is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- Osceola Library System
- Job Location:
- Central Florida
- 305 Campus Street
- Institution Name :
- Osceola Library System
- 305 Campus Street
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Chelsea Johnson
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply