- Library Associate 3
- Number position available:
- Based on experience
- Job Category:
- Young Adult Services
- Position DOES NOT require a Master's degree from an ALA accredited program.
Library Systems & Services (LS&S) is seeking a full time Library Associate 3 for the Homestead Cybrarium in Homestead, Florida. The Cybrarium, a one-of-a-kind library that breaks the mold of traditional learning, offers an exciting blend of cutting-edge technology and service delivery. Located in newly redeveloped downtown Homestead, a bustling destination for entertainment, dining and retail, the Cybrarium presents a modern approach to education and enrichment. Learn more by visiting https://cybrarium.org.
The main role the Adult Services LA3 is to manage the Cybrarium’s Makerspace and to schedule, plan, and implement library programs for patrons ages 26 and above; including setup and clean-up with assistance from staff. This position works closely with the Programs & Marketing Coordinator to support a robust schedule of staff, vendor, and partner-led programs.
The Adult Services LA3 will also work at a service desk where they will provide excellent customer service, help oversee day-to-day tasks, and communicate staff and patron concerns to the Director.
The Library Associate 3 role is the senior role in the Library Associate job family and may supervise Library Associate 1s and 2s. This position reports to the Library Director.
An individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily.
- Manages the access and use of the Cybrarium Makerspace, including placing of supply orders and equipment maintenance requests; supports IT Technician with 3D printing services
- Plans and presents adult programs including technology, craft, culture, and other classes. Programs may be conducted in-person and as pre-recorded videos or streaming virtual events
- Edits pre-recorded virtual programs using video production software
- Inputs planned programs into shared tracking system and maintains accurate statistics of programs
- Identifies, invites, and coordinates outside presenters under the direction of the Programs and Marketing Coordinator
- Works closely with the programming team to plan, implement and promote programs
- May coordinate volunteers/interns and assign duties, providing necessary training
- May delegate tasks to LA1s and LA2s for smooth service desk workflow and/or program success with the approval of the appropriate supervisor(s)
- Provides customer service to patrons by greeting, providing tours and assisting patrons
- Aids and trains patrons to use virtual reality (VR) equipment and services
- Aids and trains patrons to use Cybrarium computers, printers, and self-service kiosks
- Informs library patrons of rules of conduct as necessary, and enforce those rules when appropriate
- Assist with collection maintenance activities, including displays
- Assist with the circulation of library materials, including shelving and pulling of holds for patrons.
- Assists with library opening and closing procedures.
- Know and understand the American Library Association’s Library Bill of Rights, Freedom to Read Statement and Freedom to View Statement, recognizing that freedom of access is a fundamental tenet of a public library. In addition to these freedoms, support client discretion of materials available at your local library.
- Follow all legal and policy requirements related to patron privacy and custodianship of patron records.
- Other duties as assigned.
An individual should possess the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed and meet the amount of education, training and/or work experience required.
- H.S. Diploma or GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent customer service skills
- Must have basic experience with Microsoft Office Suite including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint as well as experience with social media, and other technologies
- Interest in using new technology and teaching others how it works
- Experience teaching and/or planning events and programs preferred
- Three years library experience preferred
- One-year supervisory experience preferred
- Experience with video production and editing a plus
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) is a plus
- Ability to work a regular schedule that may include a combination of days, evenings and weekends
- Must be able to move from place to place within the location; lift, push/pull, hold/carry of items weighing up to (25) pounds and occasional up to (35) pounds such as files, books, stacks of paper, and other materials.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and to maintain focus on projects such as computer screens or detailed paperwork.
LS&S is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer and administers all personnel practices without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, genetics or any other category protected under applicable law.
- Job open date:
- Application deadline:
- Open Until Filled
- Apply at:
- Library Type:
- Job Type:
Physical address where the job position is located.
- Job Place:
- HOMESTEAD CYBRARIUM
- Job Location:
- Southeast Florida
- 80 West Mowry Drive
- Institution Name :
- HOMESTEAD CYBRARIUM
- 80 West Mowry Drive
Contact Information / How to apply
- Contact Name:
- Vicki Fowler
- Contact Email:
- Contact Phone:
- Contact Fax:
- How to apply