The Access Services Librarian is responsible for the provision of excellent service and the efficient operation of all access services functions including oversight of circulation, course reserves, stacks management, and building access. Collaborates with colleagues to provide research assistance and monitors trends and recommends emerging technologies, products, or services. Maintains online user guides and implements software updates. Trains and supervises student staff. Oversees all aspects of billing for overdue materials including reconciling bills with Student Accounts. Collects and maintains statistical data related to the use of the building and circulation and resource sharing activities. Maintains cleanliness of the building and submits work orders for repair needs. all other duties as assigned.
• Work requires an M.L.S. or M.L.I.S. from an American Library Association accredited institution or foreign equivalent. Enrollment in the library degree program plus experience will be considered. J.D. or legal research knowledge or experience preferred.
• At least one year of experience as a professional librarian.
• At least one year of experience supervising staff.
• At least one year of experience in circulation-related activities.
• Experience in library and information literacy instruction.
• Experience in providing reference service and research support using multiple modalities.
• Experience implementing the application of modern and up-and-coming technologies for user services.
• Successful project management experience
Physical address where the job position is located.